Carrier Relations Account Manager
5 - 7 years experience •
The Carrier Account Manager is responsible for owning and managing the company’s operational relationships with insurance carrier partners. The role encompasses successfully managing the day to day operational interactions with existing partners, to reach highest possible efficiency, as well as implementing necessary connectivity and processes with new partners.
• Build and manage strategic and tactical relationships with operational and executive staff of assigned insurance carrier partners, to ensure the highest levels of efficient operational interaction.
• Continually review insurance carrier partnerships, and identify opportunities for additional advances in operational interaction.
• Serve as a business development resource to grow partnership / take advantage of potential areas to increase enrollment.
• Develop a thorough understanding of all technical aspects of the Extend Health Medicare exchange, in order to successfully coordinate all activities related to making the carrier partners’ products available to the marketplace and supporting the ensuing consumer lifecycle as it relates to each carrier partner.
• Work with partners’ operational departments to manage issues to resolution throughout their implementation process and subsequent partnership lifecycle.
• Work creatively to resolve non-technical customer issues.
• Liaise with our Product Management team to coordinate the gathering of product enhancement requests and ensure timely responses.
• Work with team, and management, to meet and exceed both team and corporate goals
• Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Technical or other applicable discipline. Extensive experience in a related position may be substituted for a degree.
• Proven ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
• Experience coordinating the activities and tasks of a variety of resources towards a specific business goal.
• Proven abilities in operations management, both high level and granular.
• Ability to understand technical systems, data and processes.
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage a project and ensure everything stays on track.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills, and highly adaptable.
• Self-motivated, able to learn quickly and research issues independently.
• Proven Business Analysis expertise.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility for relationships with external customer, supplier or partner organizations.
• Experience in and understanding of the insurance industry, specifically Medicare or Affordable Care Act concepts strongly preferred.