Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type ofnetwork, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and largeenterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is commited todiversity and inclusion.At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The 1830 PSS Embedded Packet Software Team is looking for highly motivated professional engineers to contribute to the integration of packet technologies in optical networks. You will work closely with test engineers, hardware engineers and product management as you design, implement and integrate new Carrier Ethernet/MPLS-TP features. You will leverage your strong technical aptitude and excellent communication skills to become the recognized expert for a key component of the system.
Job Grade/Level: 7RD
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- A commitment to delivering high quality software
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a diverse multi-site team
- Software development using Agile development methodologies
- Experience using C/C++
- Experience with VxWorks or Embedded Linux
- Solid problem solving skills with experience debugging problems in complex real-time systems
- Understanding of Ethernet and L2 networking technologies including experience with one or more of Carrier Ethernet Services (E-Line, E-LAN, E-Tree), MPLS-TP, PBB, LAG, L2 rings, OAM (802.1ag, 802.3ah), IEEE 1588v2, SyncE.