The IP Transport Group is the world’s number one producer of WDM equipment. This team is enabling the technology to further enhance network flexibility and operational automation through Agile Optical Networking (AON). A key element of AON is Multilayer Switching which includes Integrated Packet Transport: the marriage of carrier grade L2 transport, switching, and networking with OTN aggregation.
The Integrated Packet Transport Software Team is expanding and looking for highly motivated professional engineers with experience in embedded software development. You will work closely with test engineers, hardware engineers and product management as you design, implement and integrate new Carrier Ethernet/MPLS-TP features. You will leverage your strong technical aptitude and excellent communication skills to become the recognized expert for a key component of the system with complete ownership and responsibility for your area.
- · Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- A commitment to delivering high quality software
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Software development using Agile development methodologies
- Experience using C/C++ in a real-time embedded systems
- Experience with VxWorks, Embedded Linux, C/C++ compilers and debuggers
- Solid problem solving skills with experience debugging problems in complex real-time systems
- Understanding of Ethernet and L2 networking technologies including experience with one or more of Carrier Ethernet Services (E-Line, E-LAN, E-Tree), MPLS-TP, PBB, LAG, L2 rings, OAM (802.1ag, 802.3ah), IEEE 1588v2, SyncE.
- Experience with device drivers or BSP.