SUMMARY: If you are a curious and driven person, there's a place for you at Seaboard Foods to share new ideas, drive innovation and be a part of a dynamic team. This position is a management member of our Transportation division as part of our Seaboard Foods organization. The Carrier Development Manager will develop new carrier capacity as well as maintain relationships and measure performance of current carriers.
YOU'RE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Assess and build carrier base to haul available loads.
- Maintain files for current and potential carriers in adherence to current SOP.
- Responsible for Carrier Relationship Management program, which includes conducting and managing formal carrier service performance reviews to develop a culture of continuous process improvement. Create Carrier Scorecard using internal feedback and data provided by multiple sources/tools to measure Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Responsible for Cost Management program, which includes securing capacity and managing cost effective carrier base in support of Supply Chain.
- Conduct annual meetings with Carriers to go over prior year performance and discuss capacity commitments and possible service lane adjustments where needed.
- Communicate performance metrics to load coordinators, transportation Manager(s), and Directors on a monthly basis ensuring assignment of high performing carriers to key accounts.
WE WANT SOMEONE WHO:
- Is curious, driven and will question practices.
- Is passionate about driving high quality pork products from the farm to beyond the table.
- Can impact our organization by navigating through interesting and challenging opportunities.
- At least 10 years of experience in the transportation industry and Carrier Development experience with a large refrigerated shipper is required.
- Contract negotiation and management required.
- Skilled sourcing strategy with a purposeful process to leverage Seaboard's business presence in the marketplace. Improve value for the company with respect to capacity and service. Understand and overcome market barriers.
- Must have broad base of contacts with Carriers that service the protein industry.
WHY JOIN SEABOARD FOODS?
- Your impact: You will be establishing the performance rating program for our carriers and growing the carrier base as needed to support our growth.
- Traditional benefits include: competitive pay, affordable medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, retirement savings plans for full-time and active employees, flexible spending accounts, life/AD&D insurance, family life insurance and employee assistance program.
- Other benefits: career training and advancement, discounted pork products, employee referral bonuses, wellness programs, annual family events and discount programs.
ABOUT SEABOARD FOODS:
As part of a uniquely connected food system, Seaboard Foods controls every step of the process to create the most sought-after pork. More than 5,000 employees in six states work in the company's farms, feed mills, and pork processing plant to produce Prairie Fresh® pork, as well as at Seaboard Foods' wholly owned subsidiary High Plains Bioenergy, which produces biogas, biodiesel and compressed natural gas (CNG). The company is a top U.S. pork producer and processor and a leading exporter of pork to more than 30 countries. Because its pork products are served to diverse global consumers, Seaboard Foods is committed to the continual pursuit of pork perfection by seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between its farms and family tables around the world. This ensures the well-being of its animals, the environment, its employees and the communities they call home.