Care Transitions Coordinator
Top reasons to love this job ?
1. 45% of care centers across the country were named to the HomeCare Elite?, a recognition of the top-performing home health agencies in the United States.
2. Team members provide quality, clinically-distinctive care to more than 376,000 patients every year.
3. An impressive 50% of hospice care centers received Hospice Honors recognition
Top "must-have" skills for this job ?
1. Bachelor's degree with one (1+) yearexperience in sales
2. One (1+) year successful sales experience within the healthcare industry
3. Current, unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the state of service. LPN, PT, OT, SLP and PA are considered in some cases.
4. Experience in home health business development required.
5. Frequent travel related to coordination visits and timely response to facility referrals.
Tell me about this job ?
The Care Transitions Coordinator is a clinical liaison position between health care providers to ensure continuity of care for patients transitioning from a facility to home care or hospice environment. The position has two separate and distinct general responsibilities: (1) following the receipt of a valid referral for home health or hospice services, directly communicating with and assessing the patient to improve the patient?s transition from the inpatient to the home setting; and (2) developing the referral relationships of the agency within the community.