Care Manager, Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Department
Maine Medical Centeris seeking aRegistered Nurse to join our Care Management team in support of our Emergency department. As a key member of the team you’ll use your proven clinical skills to coordinate care and services for the patient, and provide guidance to family members and help manage their expectations. If you do not already have your Case Management certification, you will be able to sit for the exam after working for oneyearalongside our certified Case Managers.
Our ideal candidate has previous care management experience and has worked as an RN in the Emergency department. This is a full-time position working three 12 hour shifts one week and three 12-hour shifts and an 8-hour shift the next week. Shifts will be either 8 am to 8:30 pm or 9:30 am to 10 pm. A rotation of every 4 th weekend is also required.
- Graduate of approved accredited nursing program required, Bachelor’s in nursing requested. Required to matriculate within one year of hire into a BSN degree program and within five years of hire, will complete the BSN degree. Tuition assistance is available for positions 20 or more hours per week.
- Licensed as a RN in the State of Maine.
- Certification in Case Management preferred; required within 6 months of becoming eligible.
- Broad clinical training and work experience sufficient to provide background in clinical management, continuing care and transitions of care.
- Familiarity with health care insurances and regulations desirable.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and can identify each patient’s age specific needs.
- You’ll love the comprehensive benefits that MMC offers – including pet insurance, cell phone discounts, tuition reimbursement, and our Employee Discount Program, “Perks Connect.
About Maine Medical Center:
Maine Medical Center is a complete healthcare resource for the people of greater Portland, the entire state of Maine and Northern New England. With a history dating back to 1864, Maine Medical Center is the state’s largest medical center and the flagship facility of MaineHealth, with 637 beds and more than 7,000 employees.
In addition, we have achieved Magnet™ status in recognition of our commitment to the highest standards of nursing excellence. Maine Medical Center’s unique role as both a community hospital and a referral center requires an unparalleled depth and breadth of services, including the state’s only medical school, through a partnership with Tufts University School of Medicine, and a world-class biomedical research center, the Maine Medical Center Research Institute.
Inside and out, you’ll find what you’re looking for when you join Maine Medical Center. As the largest hospital in northern New England, MMC is committed to helping you grow professionally throughout your career. From tuition assistance and scholarships, to ongoing education, leadership training, mentoring and promotion opportunities, we offer the resources you need to achieve your career goals.