Oversees the daily operations of the Care Network in order for the providers and staff to deliver quality patient care and services. Develops, plans, implements, and assesses programs and policies as directed by the Ambulatory Care Network Leadership Team, which is comprised of the Care Network Directors, Chief Medical Officer of Ambulatory, Practice Medical Director and Practice Manager. As a critical part of the leadership team, the Manager assists in developing strategic operating and fiscal goals and works to improve and maintain fiscal viability and long-term sustainability for both the Care Network Practices and CHOP overall. Practice Manager II is defined as having 25 or more employees, may have responsibility for multi-locations, annual patient visits of more than 30,000 and a budget of more than 3 million dollar in expenses. Other Strategic Factors may apply.
- Ensures service excellence in all aspects of Care Network practice operations.
- Manage the performance of all non-provider staff. Complies with annual educational requirements including HIPAA, OSHA, Safety, CLIA for all staff. Encourages continuous growth and helps staff to realize full potential by identifying goals and objectives and creating learning plans.
- Demonstrates cost conscious awareness by comparing and analyzing Practice expenditures monthly and effectively utilizing staff, space, and supplies within budgetary restraints. Prepares annual budget. Maintain operating expenses within the budgetary target. Supports and achieves fiscal goals with regards to co-pay collection and other billing and managed care standards and benchmarks.
- With the Medical Director and Practice Director, develops and interprets departmental standards, policies, guidelines and protocols. Implements any new or changes to policies and/or procedures, job descriptions, performance appraisals, and QA/QI projects within the Practice, keeping in mind their impact across the Care Network.
- Facilitate ongoing Practice maintenance and repairs to maintain a safe working environment.
- Ensures all areas of accountability are compliant with all federal, state and local regulatory standards and requirements including but not limited to HIPAA, OSHA, Joint Commission, and DOH.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent management/work experience required.
- 5-10 years of healthcare experience with at least 5 years or more in a leadership position, preferably in a medical office setting.
- Experience in human resource management, fiscal management, budget preparation and monitoring.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience in health care registration, customer service or medical records management preferred.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving, decision-making.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public.
- Ability to analyze research and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Excellent organizational and accountability skills.