EXPERIENCED CARDIOVASCULAR THORACIC SURGEON SOUGHT FOR HOSPITAL EMPLOYED POSITION IN LAS VEGAS, NEVADA…..
Sunrise Health, Las Vegas, NV, announces a hospital-employed opportunity for a cardiovascular thoracic surgeon who will be based at Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center - a Level 2 Trauma Center and the largest acute care hospital in Nevada. Sunrise Hospital offers the largest, most advanced cardiac care/cardiovascular surgery program in the state, treating more heart patients than any other hospital in Nevada.
Our staff of well-trained highly regarded Care Team comprising surgeons, technicians and critical care nursing staff deliver a wide range of comprehensive cardiovascular care services - facilitating treatment from diagnostics to interventions, 24/7/365 in a centrally-located, busy heart program.
We also partner with emergency responders on the ground (and by air ambulance) to ensure patients safely arrive at Sunrise Hospital’s Heart Center. When every second counts, we work as a team to get patients the interventional care they need quickly. In addition to treating more heart patients than any other hospital in Las Vegas, we are also well-equipped with some of the best heart-related services (adult and pediatric) available anywhere including:
• The most advanced complex heart care in the Valley including adult and neonatal
• Las Vegas’ largest cardiac Cath Lab for rapid heart disease intervention;
• Five Intensive Care Units;
• Electrophysiology labs dedicated to the treatment of irregular heartbeats;
• An extensive Atrial Fibrillation (AFiB) treatment program which includes the
• Many tertiary care “firsts” including prolific heart valve treatment options such as
MitraClip� therapy and Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR);
• Vast surgical suite includes four dedicated operating rooms, 24/7 cardiovascular
anesthesia (hour- based) and perfusion;
• The only pediatric CVT program in Nevada - Inpatient support provided by
hospitalists and intensivists in a dedicated 24-bed CVT ICU.
The successful candidate will be a BE/BC surgeon with experience with routine and complex coronary work, valve repair and transcatheter valve procedures; some thoracic work required. Interest and/or expertise in arrhythmia/aortic surgery, and mechanical circulatory support are preferred. Minimally-invasive robotics is onsite. A strong work ethic with focus on quality and collegiality is mandatory.
• Call shared 3-4 cardiovascular surgeons
• Competitive Compensation comprised of guaranteed base + productivity component
• Robust Benefits include 401K matching, CME time & allowance, Discounted Employee Stock Purchase