Cardiovascular Recovery Unit ( CVRU )
We are looking for Cardiovascular Recovery Unit (CVRU) for our client in?? Austin, TX
Job Title: Cardiovascular Recovery Unit (CVRU)
Job Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Permanent
- Seeking Cardiovascular Recovery Unit (CVRU)
- Start : ?ASAP
- Terms: Permanent
- ?Shift: Full Time Nights
- The Registered Nurse (RN) utilizes the nursing process to direct and deliver comprehensive nursing care to patients on an assigned unit in a safe and proficient manner according to individual patient needs.
- Provides direct patient care based upon South Austin Medical Center Hospital Standards of Care and Standards of Practice, Polices, Procedures and Practice Guidelines.
- Provides guidance and supervision to Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN), Nursing Technicians, Nursing Assistants and Unit Secretaries.
- He/she acts as patient and advocate with the Hospital environment. Assumes Charge Nurseresponsibilities and accepts assignments on other units when necessary.
- Possess the comprehensive nursing skills to perform triage assessment that shall include rapid systematic collection of data related to the patients chief complaint.
- Completes and thorough triage assessment is performed and documented using the Nursing process at the time of presentation, based on accepted Emergency Nursing standards, on patient condition and Hospital policy.
- Differentiates severity of patient problems and prioritizes care, designating an appropriate acuity level.
- Facilitates the flow of patients through the emergency care system ensuring timely evaluation according to the health care needs of the patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in the care of all aspects of medical and traumatic emergencies.
- Considers principles of Emergency Nursing assessment while formulating appropriate nursing interventions for disease/trauma entity.
- Graduation from an NLN school of professional nursing.
- Completion of or actively pursuing a BSN degree.
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a staff nurse in a critical care setting.
- 2 years experience in a CVRU setting.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Texas. Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association.
- Compact to Texas license must be obtained within the first 90 days of hire.