Excellent opportunity for a BE/BC Cardiothoracic Surgeon, ideally a few years out of training. Our state-of-the-art, Level II Trauma center serves the entire northern Michigan region and is located in Traverse City, MI, a four-season paradise.
• Practice with 4 cardiothoracic surgeons and 8 APPs
• Enjoy a busy, growing and quality focused practice encapsulating a broad spectrum of adult cardiothoracic surgery including advanced valve repair, robotic and minimally invasive surgery, VAT lobectomy, and esophagectomy
• Expertise or keen interest in structural heart, endografts, and valve repair welcome
• Obtaining additional skills in newer procedures is supported by surgeons and hospital
• Be fully integrated into the group from the outset with an early path to partnership, receiving a proportionate number of cases
• Approximately 770 cardiac operations, 200 general thoracic operations, and 81 TAVRs per year
• Certification by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery required Nationally recognized heart team, in a highly desirable, safe, family-friendly community with big city arts, culture and foodie scenes.
About the Hospital
Munson Medical Center (MMC) is a 391-bed nonprofit hospital serving as northern Michigan’s regional referral center. It is the flagship of the nine Munson Healthcare hospitals located throughout northern Michigan. MMC is nationally recognized for superior quality care and operational performance. Home to an award-winning heart program and the Cowell Family Cancer Center, it is the only Level II Trauma Center north of Grand Rapids. • Designated Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission • “Best Hospitals - #5 Best Hospital in Michigan” (US News & World Report 2016) • “Magnet Hospital” (American Nurses Credentialing Center).