PAE is seeking a Capture Manager to accelerate PAE’s growth within the Intelligence Community (IC) to support Construction Surveillance opportunities as well as but not limited to NRO, NGA, DIA, NSA, pursuits. This position reports to the Director of Business Development, National Security Solutions Mission Support business unit. The successful candidate will have proven experience in capture management methodologies against corporate key opportunities. The candidate must have a solid history of successful captures and awards. The individual will also be assigned to support other on-going captures, as required, to improve fidelity and PWin. Candidates must have strong and current customer knowledge and relationships to identify opportunities in this market and position PAE as a leading provider in those areas.
The Capture Manager will have a deep and broad understanding of the customer’s short and long-term objectives as well as their in-house capabilities and areas where contractor support will enhance their chances for mission success
Essential Job Duties:
- Develops strategies and responses to Request for Information (RFI) and Expressions of Interest (EOI)
- Prepares and presents PAE capability statements and other new business information presentations
- Develops and maintains a close relationship with the key customers to understand their requirements, plans, goals and concerns to develop new business.
- Individual is responsible for shaping the RFP, determining customer intimacy and identifying strengths and weaknesses of the organization in pursuit of the opportunity.
- Driving opportunity from capture decision to contract award, managing bid strategies and overseeing the development of the technical, management and cost strategies and associated proposal volumes.
- Responsible for determining the most likely requirements to successfully win an opportunity to include development and articulation of the solutions required, win strategies, themes and discriminators. Clearly communicate these to both corporate executives and the proposal team.
- Development,solutioning, implementation and management of the capture plan and associated strategy into the proposal end-product and corporate offering.
- Identifying the need or benefits of teaming partners and the associated oversight of required agreements. Must be proficient in drafting and negotiating teaming agreements/statements of work addressing customer’s requirements, resulting in increased PWin and long-term benefits to PAE.
- Experience in targeting the market, identifying and qualifying new business opportunities and leading teams through the capture process to include: customer contact, competitive intelligence, gap analysis and bid team structuring; development of the value proposition, win strategy and offer design; price-to-win and design to cost; bid a business case; proposal product development, color reviews, submission, final proposal revisions, hand-off for implementation, lessons learned continuous improvement, new business budgeting and cost control.
- Develop strategies for future market changes and assess the likely impact on customers to identify growth opportunities and trends in domestic and international markets.
- Consults with customer on upcoming requirements to help shape requests for proposals (RFPs) and ensures PAE BD/Proposal teams have full understanding of requirements, constraints, and perceived risks. (Responsible for core market sustainment and new business growth; responsible for new business opportunity qualification, competitive positioning, and capture)
- Bachelor’s degree in business or subject matter relevant to customer’s mission required.
- TS/SCI with FSP eligibility.
- 8 or more years of Capture Management experience with proven capability to execute a capture strategy and win pursuits working with the customer’s organization is desired.
- Credibility with external constituents, specifically with this customer set; the candidate should have a developed network of relevant contacts in this customer set.
- Deep and broad understanding of customer’s operations, priorities, short/long term goals, strengths, and weaknesses typically derived from having worked within this customer’s organization in a variety of roles and departments.
- A broad-based understanding and knowledge of the business environment around the customer’s operations support services, understanding of the business cycles of this capability set
- Proven capability to act as a Capture Manager for various size pursuits ranging from $1M to $200M
- Experienced with rapid IDIQ task order processes and responses to a defined timeline
- Ability to work in a matrixed, fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop proposal objectives from vaguely defined requirements
- Effective oral, written, and presentation communication skills coupled with the ability to establish and maintain productive customer and industry participant networks are essential
- Efficiency in the use of Microsoft (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is required
- Experience supporting a diverse set of customers such as the Department of Defense, including intelligence programs customers
- Experience working with a wide range of technical service offerings to include security, facility support, logistics, records management and support services is preferred
- Experience using SalesForce, or a similar CRM system is preferred
- Maintaining a positive demeanor despite challenging situations
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize multiple on-going projects
- Be self-motivated and work independently