As a leading international services company for more than 65 years, IAP provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, IAP leverages and integrates its capabilities – IT & Communications, Aviation & Engineering Solutions, Power Solutions, Infrastructure & Logistics - to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. With 2,500 team members, IAP operates in more than 110 locations in 27 countries worldwide and maintains offices in the Washington D.C. area, Florida, Maryland, Oklahoma, the United Kingdom, and the Middle East.
The Capture Manager is responsible for the capture and development of new business and expansion of existing contracts in the Government Services Industry for Information Technology and Engineering Services. The Capture Manager represents a vital role in the Business Development group's activities, assisting in all aspects of developing and executing strategic initiatives working in collaboration with our business units and business support functions (finance, contracts, pricing, proposals, etc.). Specific responsibilities may include leadership of a capture team, development of the winning strategy, teaming strategy, value proposition, competitive analysis, proposal writing and overall responsibility for positioning to be a successful bidder.
Essential Job Functions:
Drives opportunity from the capture decision to the contract award. Formulates, communicates, and implements integrated capture strategy, pricing, teaming, competitive intelligence/analysis, client relations, and technical solutions/concept development.
- Supports overall strategic planning and linking aviation-related pursuits/capture activities. Responsible for specific capture activities such as win strategy, technical approach, teaming, competitive analysis, and contributing to pricing strategy.
- Identifies and implements Information Technology and Engineering Services business development projects relating to new industries, technologies, or services.
- Shapes Requests for Proposals (RFP), determines customer intimacy, and identifies strengths and weaknesses of the organization in pursuit of the opportunity.
- Identifies the need or benefits of teaming partners and the associated ethical oversight of required agreements; fosters solid relationships and partnerships with key prime contractor organizations and subcontractors on existing and new programs.
- Drafts and coordinates with Contracts and Legal departments Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) and Teaming Agreements (TA) with all potential and existing business partners.
- Briefs new opportunities to Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to obtain approval to proceed/bid opportunity and for bid and proposal (B&P) funding and resources (Gate Process).
- Responsible for managing B&P budget to ensure opportunity does not exceed approved budget.
- Develops Concept of Operations (CONOPs) and solutions for Information Technology and Engineering Services (IT&ES) requirements that can be used for BOE development and execution.
- Briefs capture status to ELT at specified milestones in the capture process (Gate Process).
- Identifies leads and new IT and ES business opportunities by leveraging past relationships and accounts.
- Establishes, maintains, and grows relationships with current and potential customers.
- Manages IT&ES pursuits (Pipeline) and ensures pursuit opportunities are updated and current in SalesForce.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in business or a field related to IAP service offerings.
- A minimum of five years of capture management experience with proven analytical skills to execute a capture strategy and win pursuits.
- Proven capability to act as a Capture Manager for various size pursuits ranging from $20M-$1B.
- Experience working with a wide range of Information Technology services, to include Infrastructure, Cyber Security, Tactical Communications, C4ISR, Software Development, Engineering Services, Operations and Maintenance and other related services
- Experience supporting a diverse set of customers to include Army, Air Force, Navy (DoD), DoS, DHS, and DoJ.
- Experience in strategic planning, product management, strategic marketing, business analysis, product development, or strategy/operations consulting.
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams, work cross functionally, and think both critically and strategically.
- Shipley training in a related field (PtW, Business Development, Proposals and Capture.)
- Experience using SalesForce, or a similar CRM system is preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong strategic networking skills across the Information Technology and Engineering Services industry and with government and commercial entities.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Excellent customer-facing skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills coupled with the ability to establish and maintain productive customer and industry participant networks.
- Efficiency in the use of Microsoft (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, and flexibility.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- A motivated Self Starter with the drive to successfully complete tasks with rigor.
- Must have the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance. Top Secret is preferable.