Capture Manager, Department of Energy Market Area
Responsible for marketing Chugach Facilities Maintenance and Management core competencies to Federal Government Departments and Agencies, focusing on the Department of Energy and their major M&O contractors. Identify potential markets and customers, assesses the competitive landscape, and develops marketing strategies.
Recommends specific target opportunities for pursuit. Serves as Capture Manager for assigned opportunities responsible for developing the win plan, proposal strategies and Price to Win. Works closely with the proposal TEAM and operations to oversee all technical proposal development, cost model development, proposal production, negotiations, contract document requests and initial startup/transition activities.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Works to develop relationships with current contractors, new customers, and all potential customers.
- Works with customer contracting, small business advocates and operational leaders to influence and shape the opportunity acquisition strategies to improve Chugach’s competitive advantage and probability to win.
- Responsible for researching assigned opportunities and developing a strategy to win the opportunity.
- When an RFP/RFI opportunity is selected to pursue, the Capture Manager will be responsible for providing leadership to the assigned business development team from kickoff through to startup activities.
- Becomes the point of contact to directly correspond with customers (contracting officer or client) and project managers; unless otherwise delegated to the Proposal Manager.
- Develops Win Plan/Capture Strategy, win themes, customer hot buttons, and discriminators.
- Coordinates timeline of events with the Proposal Manager.
- Coordinates proposal outline to assign responsibilities with the Proposal Manager.
- Requests subject matter experts to support the proposal team.
- Guides writers and editors to focus on strategy, themes, and discriminators.
- Develops Price To Win and proposal cost strategies.
- Coordinates organization structure and staffing strategies with responsible entity President and Ops manager, and Cost Team.
- Guides Cost Estimator in developing the proposal cost model.
- Recommends cost proposal fee rate for approval.
- Reviews and approves cost model and technical writing.
- Reviews all updates and changes made to proposals and RFP/RFIs.
- Coordinates contract related documents (non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, subcontract agreements, etc.) with the Contracts Manager.
- Negotiates the proposal with the client.
- Ensures all required proposal documentation is completed and properly stored for future use or audits.
- Assists with startup/transition support, bridging the proposal to actual implementation.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, management, communications or related technical field.
- At least ten (10) years’ Federal Government, Contractor, or Civil Service experience in Department of Energy operations.
- Five (5) years of experience in corporate business development, marketing, proposal development or capture management.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with current and potential customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Office products, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and lead others in duties, have flexibility to work non-traditional hours when necessary in an often stressful, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to get a valid US Passport.
- Capable of frequent travel throughout United States and overseas locations.
- Eligible to obtain a Final TS level U.S. Government security clearance or DOE equivalent.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Business.
- 20 years of work experience in Government facilities management.