Req Id 63167
This position will be located at our Houston Engineering Center, only 14 short miles east of downtown Houston, TX. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.
The Capital Project Procurement Manager is primarily responsible for all capital project procurement for all assigned projects. Leads a team of capital procurement sourcing managers and buyers responsible for the following:
- Coast and schedule compliance.
- Development of project procurement plans for engineered and bulk equipment.
- Utilizing comprehensive and systemic market analysis to drive lowest total cost and maximum value to the company.
- Effective internal client and supplier relationship up to the senior executive level.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Accountable for establishing milestone schedules for project procurement and performance per plan to meet project schedule and budget.
- Executes strategic sourcing following the agreed processes and sourcing strategy methodology.
- Utilizes market analysis and contracting strategies for commodities. Promotes cross-functional teams in assessing risks and developing models associated withsupply and technical compliance.
- Ensures the deployment of strategic purchasing plans driven by customer requirements, manufacturing results and capabilities, distribution and logistics objectives and business economics.
- Implements measurement systems that clearly indicate the performance level of the sourcing strategy and supplier effectiveness. Maintains focus on added value, lowest total “life cycle” cost and cost savings.
- Manages RFx process and develops commercial evaluation criteria and weighting.
- Effectively negotiates results for the company with the inclusion of Legal, Risk Management, and Finance, as required.
- Ensures compliance with LYB supplier qualification process.
- Liaison between Technical Materials Category, Global Projects, Global Engineering Services, and Site Technical Authority.
- Ensures adherence withTrade Compliance requirements.
- Promotes excellent working relationships withinternal customers and othersupporting organizations.
- Maintains relationships with key business and manufacturing partners and key supplier contacts.
- Ensures that business drivers, departmental goals and measures are aligned.
- Recognized as a leader and an expert in commodities and Procurement processes; providing knowledge and expertise within this area.
- Develops and implements supplier continuous improvement initiatives.
- Strong leader willing to challenge the project management team and EP or C contractors to ensure procurement cycle execution remains on time and on/below budgets.
- Good project management skills and a proven track record of making successful decisions on program opportunities to pursue.
Education and Key Requirements
- Bachelor’s degreerequired.
- 20+ years of experiencewithin owner organization or a mix of EPC/owner experience leading project procurement utilizing EP contractor as owner’s agent for projects with TIC of more than $500 MM required.
- 10+ years of oil, gas, or petrochemical related industry experience and knowledge related to purchasing and materials management is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in positions mastering knowledge of business processes in a commercial environment preferred.
- Experience in multi-year/multi-million-dollar expenditures negotiating and contracting national or global agreements.
- Experience in establishing commodity/segment strategies and management with regional global vendors is preferred.
- Experience in services contracts (construction, logistics, pipe spool fabrication) is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Strong bias to action and sense of urgency.