To manage the development and implementation of capital projects with scopes of work that are primarily mechanical and process related in support of facility and business unit objectives. This position will be responsible for managing a portfolio of facility level projects; project assignments will total $7MM to $15MM on an annual basis and from $10M to $10MM per project.
Responsibilities will vary based on experience level and capability to manage projects and could include the following:
- Coordination of all phases of capital project from business justification to start-up including; business case development, evaluation and selection of technical alternatives, development of detailed cost estimates and execution plans, design engineering, construction management, commissioning and start up.
- Ability to interface with both onsite and Corporate Engineering, Purchasing and Technical Resources for project development. Successful candidates for this role will also be able to interface with onsite operating and maintenance resources at all levels of the organization for project development.
- Independently manage many small projects or a single major project with the responsibility for managing budget, schedule, and technical performance.
- Ensure that assigned capital projects are implemented in accordance with all Local, State, Federal, OSHA and International Paper Environmental, Health and Safety policies and laws by working with Mill EHS and Safety Managers to verify compliance.
- Support the skills development of less experienced team members.
- Assure engagement and alignment from required project constituents and team members for all projects, including outside resources such as engineering partners and contractors.
- Overall management of the procurement process including bid analysis (commercial and technical), negotiation and awarding of work associated with the procurement of equipment and services, expediting, factory acceptance activities and resolving contract issues.
- Managing major projects that are engineered by contracted engineering resources, including determining the appropriate engineering deliverables (design and documentation) for assigned projects and management of engineeringcontractor processes, procedures and workflow.
- Requires a B.S. degree in one of the major engineering disciplines from an accredited college or university. Mechanical or ElectricalEngineeringdegreepreferred
- Requires a minimum of 5years exprience in a variety of technical or operational assignments
- Self-directed and driven, requiring minimum supervision.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of and proficiency in the following areas: Capital project development and execution processes, safety, pulp & paper manufacturing processes, industrial regulatory requirements, reliability, project cost controls, portfolio management, strategic planning, startup/ramp up planning, engineering management, estimating skills, contracting strategies, construction management and outage planning and execution.
- Basic to advanced leadership skills in the following areas: negotiating, team development, influencing, command skills, managerial courage, planning and organizing, managing upward, results oriented, conflict resolution, etc.
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Software and working knowledge of SAP and Unifier are not required but preferred.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Base Salary - $83,000 to $122,000
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management ExperienceRequired - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally