This position in the site project controls organization and will provide cost control to support capital projects throughout the refinery.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Cost Control for large capital investments and projects of various size and complexity
- Active participation in the overall cost control process. Ensure proper progress tracking and change management systems are in place and effectively functioning in construction and detailed engineering phases of projects. Provide proper variance explanation and root causes analysis of changes
- Perform trending studies and analysis
- Perform audits of invoices
- Evaluate field change orders and validatecontractor estimate and pricing
- Development and support of contracting strategy for large capital projects and turnarounds
- Development of project cost forecast and preparation of project cost reports
- Responsible for monthly cash flow and accrual reporting
- Assist in the development and improvement of cost controlling tools and processes.
- Strong analytical skills that will allow proper assessments of projects to identify potential issues. In addition, be able to support development and recommend solutions via communication and supportwith Project Management.
- Will be required to work both independently and with a team in carrying out a project’s cost control and forecasting efforts
- Forecast TIC and monthly cash flow
- Reportmonthly accruals
- Requisition input
- Recast estimate and estimate validation.
- Perform PO analysis on capital projects to validatemonthly cost.
- Assist and supportother team members in accomplishing team goals involving cost.
- Four-year college educationwith at least 6years of equivalent years of experience. Alternatively, a minimum of 8years of experience, in lieu of a four-year college degree.