Description and Responsibilities:
This position will have accountability for $50-100MM per annum spend across Kerry sites in the United States and Canada. Reporting to the Vice President of Procurement, the Manager is responsible for the strategic sourcing activities for the Capital spend, with the goal of achieving significant cost reductions, while maintaining/improving product quality and vendor service levels.
- Leads category sourcing activities in the America’s Region.
- Ensures alignment with global strategies and ways of working.
- Develops and implements regional sourcing strategies for the category.
- Collaborates with Manufacturing to develop and execute category strategies.
- Oversee all activities related to procurement of Capital, from intent to purchase through to delivery of project.
- Understands the impact of long term running cost and the engagement of business to minimize costs at an early stage.
- Captures real savings in the Region.
- Manage vendor selection and negotiation process for regional vendors.
- Identifies, selects, and maintain suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a competitive price while meeting Kerry’s supplier code of conduct.
- Negotiate simple and complex requests for capital projects.
- Ensure the category is contracted in line with the sourcing strategy to avoid maverick buying.
- Prepare and review contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, prices and acceptability of items to specifications.
- Prepare and issue purchase contracts and change notices.
- Utilizes an E-Sourcing tool to evaluate vendor quotations with the appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques.
- Communicates actively with all stakeholders to ensure alignment and performance management of the category.
- Directly solves operational issues with vendors.
- Review and resolve vendor claims and contracts for conformance.
- A minimum of 5 years of purchasing experience is required.
- Experience within Capital Expenditure is preferred.
- Project Management Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, or Food Science.
- MBA or MSdegrees are desirable
- Must be able to travel.
- Successful, multi-year (+5 years) track record within Manufacturing Industry in Engineering, Finance, Procurement, Supply Chain or related field