Capital Markets Middle Office Analyst 4 - Control Assessment
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
This position is a Control Assessment Analyst supporting Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) Operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing and executing a well-defined control assessment program for risks that cross the teams and asset classes within a capital markets operations team. The individual will collaborate with the business units to evaluate the design and performance of existing controls, identify control gaps and measure the effectiveness of the controls in managing operational risk. The analyst will work as a member of the Control Self Inspection Program (CSIP) and support the remediation of control gaps across the Middle Office, Collateral and Derivative Support platforms. A strong candidate will have an understanding of PnL production, trade capture, confirmations and settlements risks and controls related to derivatives and/or securities products. The individual will work with Operational Risk at various levels in the organization, including WFS Operational Risk to drive out consistent practices.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Understanding of risks and control gaps across the platform. This requires a working knowledge of processes and products across capital markets operations
- Executing control assessments at a detailed level, by process
- Issuing report outs with analyses of the current control environment
- Making recommendations for enhancements to existing or new controls to further mitigate risk
- Partnering with senior business leaders to rate the control environment
- Summarizing key operational risk data elements for the Operations team
- Serving as a risk consultant for the operations team as issues arise or new processes are implemented
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of capital markets industry experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of loan, securities, and derivative products
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to manage full life cycle projects that vary in scope and complexity
Other Desired Qualifications
- An understanding of the fundamentals of control assessments, processes and tools
- Understanding of the regulations impacting the LOB
- Experience implementing risk management programs
- Ability to influence management at all levels
- Proven ability to drive process efficiencies
- Very organized and ability to self-prioritize workload
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Commitment and loyalty to the brand
- Attention to detail
- Series 7/99