Capital Equipment Manager
11 - 15 years experience • Aerospace / Defense
We are an executive search firm who has been hired to identify a top talent Capital Equipment Program Manager in Springfield, Mass area.
This is a key leadership position within organization The role will be responsible for leading the organization's capital equipment project managers, and advanced engineering initiatives focused on the design, integration, installation, and optimization of new and existing manufacturing processes and equipment throughout Manufacturing Centers of Operation,
- This role will supervise Capital Project Managers to complete multiple projects. Delegates, sets milestones, perform regular reviews and holds Capital Project Managers accountable for meeting timelines, budgets, and functionality.
- This role will manage team of cross-functional engineers to successfully deliver projects to meet customer expectations/business objectives. This includes applications engineers, mechanical engineers, controls engineers, field service engineers, and other resources.
- This role will manage project plans by assessing capital and expense budgets, developing business case and /or project briefs, developing the scope of work with a project timeline including detailed estimates for each individual project to establish requiredbudget for review.
- This role will be responsible for developing and managing multi-year Capital Projects Plan tied to the business strategic objective and growth initiatives
- This role will be responsible for the planning and development of the annual capital budget, which includes compiling, classifying and analyzing capital requests as part of the business annual strategic review process
- This role will set budget baselines and manage budget changes, timelines, and scope of different capital projects within a World-Class project management context.
- This role will be responsible for managing the business's projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost to deliver specified requirements and meet the business strategic objective.
- This role will work with peer managers to determine the specific breakdown of responsibilities between the Capital Projects Managers, the Manufacturing & Operations team, and other key stakeholders.
- This role will conduct weekly meetings and facilitate communication with all parties for each capital project to assure full coordination, to review progress against budget and schedule, and to address issues/risks encountered with solutions to mitigate.
- This role will manage the bidding process including bid development and selection of all equipment OEM, Suppliers, and Capital-related contractors and sub-contractors. Assemble Issue of Capital drawings, specifications, RFQ and RFP documents, legal contracts and bid analysis. Balance ROI and apply Cost Benefit Analysis to effectively manage costs.
Technical Requirements for Capital Equipment Program Mgr:
- BS or Technical EngineeringDegree
- MBA or advanced EngineeringDegree a plus
- 5 or more years of project controls or Project Management experience.
- 10 or more years of Manufacturing Engineering / Process Engineering Management experience
- Experience managing multiple multi-million capital equipment projects from concept to full operation
- Experience contributing to and managing multidisciplinary/disperse teams.
- Experience evaluating and negotiating with capital equipment / engineeringcontractors / firms
- Financial skills applied to investment / ROI cases.
Skill/Ability Behavioral Requirements for Capital Equipment Program Mgr:
- Results-based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus (Lean background a major plus)
- Progressive, flexible, and team-oriented person required.
If you meet all the qualifications for Capital Equipment Program Mgr., we want to hear from you.