Description The Commercial Relationship Manager examines, analyzes, evaluates, and authorizes or recommends approval/denial of customer applications for commercial loans; monitors and maintains existing commercial loan portfolio; provides customer service to commercial bank clients; interfaces with other bank employees in order to supply a full range of banking services to customers. This position reports to and supports the activities of the Commercial Banking Team Leader and/or Market President.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interviews applicants and analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and collateral evaluation to determine feasibility of granting credit; coordinates with Credit Analyst/Credit Department when applicable
• Approves loans within specified limits or submits for approval to superiors and/or loan committee
• Monitors or coordinates monitoring of existing loans through the ongoing review of financial statements, customer and community interfacing, and review of internal reports
• Resolves customer questions/complaints through direct involvement or through coordination with other bank employees
• Cross-sells bank products to clients & prospects in order to meet individual Commercial Loan Officer goals, specifically including depository & fee goals; refers clients to other internal bank professionals in order to meet all the banking needs of clients
• Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy
• Assists the Senior Commercial Loan Officer as needed in order to achieve the department and bank wide goals
• Completes and passes required BVS courses by due date
Requirements • Bachelor’s Degree with five years related commercial loan experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Reliable transportation
• The individual will also be required to visit with existing and potential bank clients outside of the bank.