Your potential. Your opportunity.
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
We are seeking a Senior Cloud Capacity Planning Engineer with strong knowledge in IT Infrastructure Engineering, Capacity and Performance for Compute, Storage, Network, and Business Service Management project deliveries across a hybrid environment.
You would lead multiple capacity and performance projects from inception through completion, while adhering to scope, schedule, quality and budget for capacity and performance efforts. You should possess strong communication, presentation, and relationship building skills and must be comfortable working with technology and business partners across the organization in a reciprocal way.
The individual in this role will be part of the Service Delivery Organization within Technology Information and Operations and will work with multi-functional teams to deliver the infrastructure capacity, plan for capacity and performance management, and figure out requirements to optimize deployments to private and public cloud.
- 5-7 years of exposure to IT system integration as a Capacity or IT Engineering Senior Lead/Manager with ITIL knowledge
- 5+ years of capacity management and/or technical program management experience
- Support multiple business services and solutions to identify service level and capacity requirements and have experience with private and public cloud.
- Respond and support business teams on systems functionality, improvements and objectives
- Drive alignment around capacity management standard methodologies, including service design and performance assessment, data collection and analysis, and reporting standards
- Having strong social skills is necessary, due to the dynamic nature of collaboration with customers and other engineering teams
- Good Programming, scripting, query and data analysis skills
- Strong time management, goals setting and task prioritization abilities
- Proficiency in reporting project progress through dashboard presentations, project metrics, trend analysis, executive reporting
- Excellent communication, leadership and organization skills
- Ability to get results independently and in a multi-functional team oriented environment
- Actively identify, resolve, and raise capacity planning challenges.
- Experienced in capacity management and infrastructure engineering for distributed server environments, as well as network and distributed storage environments.
- Responsibilities will include server performance analysis, capacity reporting and analysis, capacity management tool administration for Teamquest, and capacity and performance management issue resolution.
- Able to provide consultation with business solutions group area and the Infrastructure & Operations Engineering and Operations teams to resolve capacity and performance issues.
- Provide right-sizing and optimization for applications migrating to Private Cloud and AWS and in support of Data Center Consolidation
- Support DevOps and partner with application developers to find the best way to scale infrastructure, characterize transactional throughput and response time, reduce resource consumption and shorten request latency and understand roadmaps.
- Support design, development, and implementation of automated processes for gathering, populating and maintaining capacity and system utilization data..
- Ability to develop advanced queries and reports for management on critical metrics to improve the process effectiveness, efficiency, and data accuracy
- Knowledge of common information security & risk management frameworks such as ISO 27001, ITIL, COBIT, and NIST is preferred
- Deep familiarity with capacity management for large, heterogeneous workloads
- Strong workload and performance analysis skills and experience optimizing compute sharing across batch and online workloads
- Strong Working Knowledge of a variety of technologies including but not limited to Compute, Amazon, Azure, VMware, VDI and architecture strategies to ensure high reliability i
- Experience in application and server migration, network and data center consolidation as well as migration to AWS.
- Ability to perform application and infrastructure discovery and assessments
- Ability to perform server and application dependency analysis
- Knowledge on SAN, Orchestration, Virtualization, and Automation
- Knowledge on Server platform technologies (AIX, VMware, Windows) and Containers (Docker, OpenShift)
- Knowledge on Storage platform technologies (EMC/NetApp, etc.)
- re organization structure and knows data center engineering standard methodologies
- Experience with Python, Java, or C++ in a Linux/UNIX AWS environment
- 3+ years of SQL, Excel, and Reporting/Dashboards tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc) or equivalent data analysis experience
- Knowledge and skills in SQL/Oracle, VMWare, cloud computing, Windows, Linux admin skills, scripting, reporting, MS Office, distributed server capacity/performance management (preferred), preferred experience with the following tools: Teamquest Capacity Management, AWS, VCenter, Splunk, Tableau, and application performance management tools (Dynatrace).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required due to the dynamic nature of collaboration with leadership, customers, and other engineering teams
- You have great organization skills, results-oriented, attentive to details and thrive in a dynamic, creative environment.
- You work well independently and with a team, ambitious, dedicated, independent and responsive.
- You can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- You are able to apply technical expertise across business or functional areas
- 12 years of meaningful experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Business or its equivalent or
- 8 years of relevant experience and a Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Business or its equivalent
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.