The Capability Manager, working within the Cyber Security Program Team will be responsible for liaising with assigned business units on behalf of Corporate Information Security (CIS). These responsibilities will include assuming ownership for specific security domains from a programmatic perspective, and acting as the subject-matter-expert to CIS and Technology partners for those domains. The Capability Manager will be responsible for advising CIS Leadership on the strategic roadmap, as well as collaborating with Program and Project teams to meet strategic objectives for their security domains.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Make proactive assessments of current capabilities within the assigned security domain(s) at T-Mobile, as well as trends within the industry. Develop strategic roadmaps to mature the capabilities and functions within the security domains over the near and long term
- Define security requirements for the Portfolio activities and Programs impacted by in-scope security domains
- Understand the operations of the business and comprehend how these create value and risk for the organization.
- Collaborate with team members, peers and the business unit management team to determine technical information security requirements, planned remediation, and advocate for the program to gain resources to implement appropriate protection technologies and processes.
- Assist the Governance team in the development and refinement of key performance indicators and other necessary processes to demonstrate maturation and safeguarding of the business.
- Ensure the information and network security controls for T-Mobile are appropriate and operating as intended; includes solutions that are directly controlled as well as security solutions that are operated by other internal and external groups.
- Provide status reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to business managers and other management activities that demonstrate the health of the program.
- Interact with internal audit, third party auditors, and appropriate regulatory bodies.
- Support the Information Security policy life-cycle throughout, including all aspects of intake, creation, review, approval, implementation, publishing, communication and maintenance.
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
- Candidate must have strong technical, influential and organizational skills.
- Prefer six years’ experience in information security related discipline, in addition to several years’ relevant systems and/or network administration experience.
- Expert relationship building and partnering skills, including persuasion, negotiation and consensus building.
- Experience translating emerging IT and business trends into meaningful risk reduction opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a complex matrixed environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret business strategy and align to appropriate security enhancements to achieve business enablement.
- Ability to translate security requirements into business risks and impacts.
- Experience with high level design Architecture, Firewall, Internet, LAN Router, Network, Protocols, Web Services and SOA.
- Strong understanding of encryption, obfuscation and/or tokenization technologies or compensating controls.
- Telecommunications industry expertise, Six Sigma Training, Audit, Compliance & Network experience preferred.