About the role:
Syapse is looking for a Cancer Informatics Specialist to build on our efforts to enable clinical decision making using a genuinely unique set of real world evidence and Syapse software.
We’ve created a large real-world data set which aggregates and standardizes patient clinical history and molecular profiling results with treatments, and outcomes from multiple disparate sources. This unparalleled comprehensive set of real world evidence can be used to extract insights such as new treatment paradigms and more efficient research pathways. Not only are the data insights you will be able to generate uniquely possible at Syapse, but these insights will be applied directly to improving patient outcomes at the point of care.
This San Francisco-based position will report to the VP of Oncology and collaborate daily with a cross-functional team of product managers, software engineers, ontologists, physicians, data scientists and others in a fast-paced and mission driven environment.
You will be our bridge between clinical needs & technology solutions and excited to put their clinical impact into context. You enjoy translating complicated concepts into digestible insights and executing against multiple simultaneous projects. Your strong working knowledge of clinical / healthcare concepts is augmented with a deep understanding of the application of precision medicine within oncology.
- Expertise: Be a domain expert on the field of oncology as it relates to clinical data
- Deliver: Ability to multi-task and execute on concurrent projects
- Collaborate: Work closely with internal teams to improve our core product and data sets
- Educate: Share clinical data insights internally to enhance our shared understanding
- Masters, PhD or MD in oncology, clinical or biomedical informatics or a related field, from a leading institution or equivalent work experience
- 2-4+ years of experience working with applied data in oncology / precision medicine
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical oncology data (medical terminology such as diagnoses, treatments and biomarkers, provider workflow, and clinical trials)
- 2-4+ years of experience working at an operating company in health IT or similar
- Experience working with EHR, genomic or similar data sets
- Entreprenurial Experience