Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
5 - 7 years
Posted 65 days agoby Richard Snowden
Our client is an expanding affiliate of a world leading publicly traded diagnostics innovator with revenues in excess of $2 billion. The Account Manager position is a vital contributing role to the ongoing growth of the company. We seek career minded candidates with a documented track record of highly ranked sales results that have a passion for serving oncologists with tools that help produce optimal patient outcomes. Account Manager, Molecular Oncology Description The successful candidate is responsible for achieving annual sales objectives for a defined territory through the development, maintenance, and enhancement of key customer relationships.
• Key customers include: oncologists, surgeons, oncology nurses, pathologists, and laboratory personnel, tumor boards, teaching institutions, oncology patient advocacy groups, hospital purchasing groups and local/regional managed care organizations.
• Develop and implement an effective territory business plan. Target top academic medical centers and community based oncology practices in the region, and key national and regional opinion leaders both in academic and community settings.
• Utilize effective selling techniques and regional marketing strategies to create and expand test usage and demand. Develop and coordinate physician advocates for promoted oncology tests.
• Arrange and coordinate effective speaker programs and special regional events.
• Execute sales and marketing strategies within the region, conducting sales calls to oncologists, surgeons, pathologists, and other key customers.
• Complete weekly activity and expense reports as required, others as assigned.
• Attend training programs, conventions, and symposia
• Conduct field activities including: projects, special reports, lunch and learns, CME events as planned, and other promotional activities
• Implement regular territory analysis and business planning to evaluate goals and objectives and identify areas for assistance or improvement.
• Conduct effective scientific presentations to customers.
• Provide for account support and maintenance of business within the region.
• Communicate regularly with corporate sales, marketing, scientific staff and fellow sales team members to optimize resources, achieve sales goals and meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Effectively understand and communicate appropriate technical, disease state and relevant assay information to the customer to successfully promote use of molecular assays in the territory.
• Plan, coordinate and facilitate educational events, including "speaker programs" and other activities within region to expand awareness and use of the tests. - Perform other duties as assigned. Requirements: Minimum education and experience requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree, B.A. or B.S., science degree preferred
• Minimum five years of oncology sales experience, preferably within diagnostics oncology/pathology though biopharma will also be considered.
• Ability to think, plan, and act strategically and independently.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Working knowledge of and familiarity with hospital and cancer center environment.
• Driver's license is required.