The CAN/LAN Network Architect is a technical role which includes solution architecture and design engineering functions for government passive and active network infrastructures. The candidate will be responsible for leading and supporting other engineering teams for all network design and engineering activities. These architectural activities will be conducted on the government’s wide area networks (WAN), the local area networks (LAN), Campus Area Networks (CAN), Access and Control Interfaces (CI) and other networks that support multiple classification levels of communications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Translate customer requirements/needs into architecture solution followed by high-level/low-level design according to portfolio offering guidelines.
- Regularly leads in the technical assessment and delivery of a specific technical architecture solution to the customer. Provides a team structure conducive to high performance and manages the team lifecycle stages.
- Coordinates/leads the transition/transformation from existing to new network design solutions
- Provides technical direction and engineering expertise for network systems infrastructure activities, including planning, designing, and implementing communications and network infrastructure requirements for buildings and systems (Routers, Firewalls, DNS, IPAM, NTP, Command and Telemetry).
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to others on efforts, solution design, system management, tuning and modification of solutions..
- Provides input to strategy moving forward
- Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements. Responds to requests for technical information from customers. Develops customer technology solutions using various industry products and technologies.
- Owns and manages knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, or project). Ensures team members support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project. Contributes significant knowledge to job family community.
Active TS/SCI CI Poly
- Candidate must have 16 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 8 years of experience OR Masters and 10 years, Bachelors and 12 years, Associates and 14 years or HS and 16 years.
- 8570 Certification is Desired