PathWise Solutions Group (PSG) is part of Aon Reinsurance. PSG provides high productivity computing software, consulting services as well as advisory services to financial intermediaries, primarily insurance companies. PSG’s high-performance software platform, PathWise™, provides companies with the ability to easily model financial obligations without involved coding and is run on Graphical Processing Units (GPU), making it the fastest, readily available software platform currently in use in the insurance industry. This position can be based in our Toronto or Vancouver location.
Your impact as a Director, Sales and Business Development
- Developing and implementing a successful sales strategy and approach that generates profitable new revenue;
- Identifying, developing and converting new propositions and opportunities to achieve revenue targets (from new and existing clients);
- Applying a consultative sales approach to engage prospects and clients to identify their strategic needs and priorities and working closely with stakeholders to develop solutions to build value;
- Hosting face-to-face or virtual sales meetings between potential clients and consulting team;
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with prospective clients to discover needs and opportunities, develop solutions and propositions to best meet those needs;
- Developing compelling, winning proposals and liaising with legal and consulting teams to ensure achievable scope and deliverables;
- Working with clients to understand their Long Duration Annuity, related actuarial modeling, reporting requirements and processes based on appropriate regulatory standards;
- Working with PSG software engineering, IT operations, and actuarial and quantitative modeling teams to propose, estimate, and deliver services to clients.
- Responsible for providing project strategic direction including tracking issues, schedules and deliverables for complex customer delivery projects involving multiple customers with multiple departments.
- Promoting client success by addressing issues, ensuring dependencies and risks are identified;
- Ensuring client and internal approvals processes, and environment controls are followed properly and in a timely manner;
- Ensuring changes to projects, products, systems and operations are accurately managed.
- Working closely with senior management and executive sponsor to ensure clear understanding of program delivery objectives and any constraints that may exist for successful delivery of products and services.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in actuarial modeling, reporting or consulting
- Experience with actuarial modeling software and actuarial reporting processes is required
- The ideal candidate with have experience in Variable Annuity, Fixed Annuity, or Equity Indexed Annuity pricing, valuation, or hedging
- Proven negotiation and relationship building skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written;
- Client focused and proven relationship building skills;
- University degree in a quantitative or related subject area (actuarial science, statistics, mathematics, or computer science) is required
- ASA or FSA designation is desired for this role.