This Linux Administrator / Datacenter Engineer works to automate the provisioning and setup of new application environments for various test and production environments. This is a hands-on position working collaboratively with other teams to re-host, re-platform, refactor, rearchitect, rebuild or replace a legacy application to a new data center and/or cloud platform.
The Linux Administrator / Datacenter Engineer will operate and maintain the environments using Linux administration best practices, troubleshoot production issues by involving the appropriate resources, and driving resolution to minimize impact to end-users. Keep the environments secure and update by the application of patches, security updates, and other recommended actions.
The Linux Administrator / Datacenter Engineer will drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment. Help ensure that best security practices are being applied. Identify recurring issues and remediates root causes.
If you are detail-oriented and have strong development, communication, and problem-solving skills with direct experience in IT application modernization, automation, and enhanced user experiences, Azure and AWS Cloud, and Agile Scrum and Kanban, we want to hear from you!
- Designing, delivering, operating and maintaining dynamic capabilities, while clearly articulating and implementing a balanced approach to security and agility through means of Agile technologies.
- Responsible for creating and configuring flexible solutions in forms such as SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, for other development, delivery, security, operations, and oversight teams, ensuring system uptime, security, and performance.
- Support operations and maintenance of all environments for all updates, patching, security monitoring and environment/system administration.
- Utilize the DevSecOps toolchain to support the integration, build and deployment of solutions to development, test and production environments both on-prem, AWS and Azure cloud environments
- Staying current with associated technology advances in the marketplace and growing skills
- Assist the agile teams with troubleshooting and resolving application issues
- Clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and nontechnical users and use good client-facing interpersonal skills (i.e., comfortable and effective acting as liaison between multiple technology groups and representing groups in large scale meetings)
- Participate in all phases of the systems engineering life cycle (SELC) including initial design/analysis through deployment.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in system administration and DevOps practices in the data center and cloud environments
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical users
- Possessing good client-facing interpersonal skills (i.e., comfortable and effective acting as a liaison between multiple technology groups and representing groups in large scale meetings)
- Experience in all phases of the systems engineering life cycle (SELC) including initial design/analysis through deployment, operations, and maintenance using Agile methodologies.
- Experience using DevSecOps toolchain for integration, build, deployment, operations, and maintenance of solutions to development, test, and production environments both on-prem and cloud (AWS and Azure)
- Experience with managing the configuration of systems and applications developed using Java/J2EE, Oracle, SQL Server, HTML, CSS, JS, and other applications and development environments.
- Experience in Linux system administration, patching, and security updates
- Open to 24//7shift work
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- General work experience may be substituted for education. The requirement for education levels can be substituted at the rate of 1.5 years of experience for every year of education. An associate’s degree is 2 years of education, a Bachelor’s degree is 4 years of education, and a Master degree is 6 years of education. The work experience to be substituted for education must be in a relevant field such as Information Technology, Information Security, or a MBA. The years of specific experience used for satisfying an education requirement cannot also be used as filling the work experience requirement.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation.
- Eligibility requirement: Current/active DHS EOD Public Trust and eligibility to obtain "Secret" or “Top Secret” Clearance if required.
- Agile and/or DevOps Certification a plus
TechFlow, Inc is 100% employee owned. Come make a difference in a job that contributes to your future and help us build an agile workplace!
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)