Are you passionate about food? Do you have strong leadership skills and enjoy diverse interactions? If so, then this may be the position for you!
Our family-owned company is life-friendly; we offer schedules, competitive compensation, and benefits that allow you to enjoy your passions outside of work as much as you enjoy your work.
The core of our student dining program revolves around our culinary philosophy of creating and providing fresh seasonal menus – both in style and in practice. Mindful of the cultural and dietary preferences of a diverse campus environment, our contemporary menus incorporate an array of authentic flavor profiles from around the world, providing the freshest ingredients and showcasing our superior preparation standards.
- Serve as the main communicator and day-to-day client contact, fostering positive relationships
- Plan, organize and direct the work of team members engaged in the procurement, storage, preparation and serving of food for this multi-operation location
- Assist in preparation of budget estimates and justifications for the food and nutrition services program and maintain cost control
- Plan and direct the ordering, receiving and accounting of all food products, supplies and equipment for food operation
- Ensure excellence in service and quality of products
- Achieve sound financial results
- Take part in interviewing, selecting, managing and developing of team members
- Create and lead presentations at client meetings
- Foster an atmosphere of teamwork and encourage team members to collaborate
The Director must have a passion for people and food. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated leadership abilities, strong communication skills, high energy and enthusiasm. This person will appreciate current food trends, and have awareness of wellness initiatives.
- 3-5 years of management level experience, inclusive of regular client interaction
- A background as a chef or trained in culinary arts
- Strong operations background, preferably including exposure to multi-unit functions
- Demonstrated success in managing and developing teams to achieve desired results
- Proficiency with financial aspects for the role, from budgeting to interpreting results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to conduct high level client meetings and presentations for quarterly reviews
- Ability to manage in a union environment
- Strong working computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Willingness and desire to take an involved, hands-on approach with leading the business
- Personal characteristics that include: self motivation, high levels of energy and enthusiasm
AVI is proud of its team members and appreciates the hard work, loyalty and committed service they provide every day and we offer the following:
- Immense training and growth opportunities
- A family culture and atmosphere
- Competitive compensation
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time team members
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid vacations and holidays