UEI College is the leader in post-secondary career education. Our mission is to drive personal and community transformation by empowering students to make a positive and enduring life change. We are consistently searching for like-minded compassionate professionals who strive to be the best in their respective fields. Our top candidates share our commitment to helping students build the skills to create a future of which they can be proud.
We are currently seeking a Campus Department Chair-HVAC Program to join our team at the Chula Vista Campus. The Campus Department Chair ("CDC") is responsible for managing and leading an assigned program by overseeing the delivery of a quality educational program and the development and implementation of effective strategies to meet student retention and completion goals for the assigned program. The CDC may also be assigned to teach a course as needed.
Essential day-to-day job responsibilities include:
- Complying with applicable federal and state laws and regulations, accreditor standards, and institutional policies and procedures;
- Supervising and managing program faculty members and staff by providing day-to-day performance coaching advice and monthly advisement's;
- Recruiting, training and developing program faculty members and staff;
- Conducting classroom observations on a regular basis;
- Working with program faculty members to perform curriculum reviews in order to improve quality of instruction;
- Preparing class schedules to optimize class size for achieving an effective student learning experience;
- Ensuring all students in program are advised on a regular basis regarding their progress;
- Advising, coaching, and monitoring all students in program at risk of violating attendance or academic progress policies;
- Administering student surveys and ensuring their timely review; preparing action plans to address concerns and feedback gauged through such surveys;
- Monitoring campus level metrics related to retention, attendance, and completion outcomes for program to meet the campus and organizational objectives;
- Teaching didactic and hands-on/lab components of an assigned course as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree preferred
- Thirty-six months combined related industry and/or teaching experience.
- Universal EPA license required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals and legal documents.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and/or public groups.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Minimum 1 year of combined management, teaching and education administration experience preferred.
- Successful track record of effective teaching, curriculum development, and education administration.
- Above average user skills in computer and information technology (e.g. student database, social media, online educational resources).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and lead a team.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced and dynamic work environment. In addition, full-time colleagues have a variety of benefits available that include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, a generously matched 401(k) plan, voluntary benefits and much more.
If changing students' lives is also important to you, and you have the qualifications reflected above, we would love to hear from you!