At Google, our philosophy is build it, break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at Google. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, Test Engineers at Google aren't manual testers -- you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you navigate Google's massive codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Google's growing suite of products and services.
As a Camera Test Engineer on the Centralized Test Engineering team, you will manage the testing of the functional performance of camera devices. You are a key member of the cross-functional team that will launch the product.
You use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information - hardware. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Develop factory test stations with a focus on Camera and/or Optics tests Responsible for design and implementation of camera test solutions, test SW, yield, parametric data and correlation.
- Design test algorithms to investigate camera failures.
- Collaborate with Design/Engineering teams on functional specs for the product and make recommendations to design and test coverage improvement.
- Work with infrastructure team on test framework improvements, data collection, etc. Work with OEM, ODM, JDM, and CM partners, ensuring tests are implemented across different factories.
- Travelinternationally when required.
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in testing products for manufacturing. Experience of coding in Python, Matlab, or C++.
- Experience with building and launching consumer electronics products.
- Experience with image quality evaluation and imaging science (3A, CCM, SFR/MTF, ISP, hot/dead pixels). Experience in DFM (design for manufacturing) and DFT (design for test).
- MS/PhD in Engineering.
- Experience with camera lens, module, and image sensor characterization.
- Experience with hardware testing, system bring up, and design validation. Experience with micro-electronics design and validation. Mechanical and/or Software expertise in test station development.
- Experience in debug, troubleshooting, and failure analysis investigation.
- Understanding of camera HW(camera sensor, VCM, lens, etc.) design. Understanding of camera tests in module level, sub assembly level and system level.
- Excellent project management and leadership skills.