Light is pushing the boundaries of cameratechnology, making beautifulphotography more accessible than everbefore. The Light L16 camera combines advanced optics with powerful software to enable anyone to shoot, edit andshare high-quality pictures. Light is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA with additional offices in San Francisco and Taiwan. As a Camera Optical Engineer, you will get toapply the full range of your expertise as we build a new kind of computational cameratechnology. You will see your immediate and profound impact as you create our newest lens designs for many different projects. We are looking for innovative technologists who enjoy collaborating with an interdisciplinary team. This is your opportunity to become a recognized expert in this state-of-the-arttechnology. Your contribution to the growth of the company will be immediately visible and appropriately rewarded.
what you will do...
- Design, characterize new lens design for different CMOS image sensors and modules.
- Perform comprehensive analysis of the lens design influence on final image quality
- Identify preferred manufacturers and collaborate on new designs
- Work closely with lens suppliers and module integrators for design, evaluation and specifications
what you bring to Light...
- MINIMUM 2+ years of industry experience bringing novel optical systems from concept through mass production
- MS (with 3+ years of experience) or PhD degree in Optics, Physics or Electrical Engineering
- experience building and characterizing optical systems
- project or team leadership experience
- experience working with, training and evaluating manufacturers
- expert level industry experience with lens design including experience with Zemax and/or CodeV
- industry experience with stray light analysis and non-sequential ray tracing
- expert level understanding of image quality metrics
- experience with high volume plastic lens design and manufacturing
- publications or patents in the field of optics/computational optics
- familiarity with image sensors and systems