Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders atheart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA- style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Supply Chain Engineering (SCE) Team has the responsibility for evaluating technologies and identifying supply chain solutions that allow Building 8 to deliver products to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a SCE Lead for Vision Systems focused on manufacturing test, test development, and supplier qualification. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure toaccomplish bold things. The role of a SCE Vision Systems Lead is complex must be led by someone who is both technically proficient to work with the engineering design teams, but also experienced in supply chain and manufacturing test to bring that technology into the marketplace. Specific hardware and technology development will be done by Engineering teams however the SCE Vision Systems Lead must have demonstrated knowledge of vision components and systems, understanding key factors in both the development and manufacturing aspects of machine vision and consumer imaging products. Your role will be to act as the interface between the Building 8 Engineering, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing teams to implement and execute comprehensive vision test solutions for our products. This is a full- time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Work with Engineering Team to identify the best supplier/partner to meet product requirements from both technical perspective as well as supply chain and manufacturing considerations
- Development and implementation of vision system test during development and production phases of product lifecycle. Work with Engineering and Vendor teams todesign and assemble bench setups and test fixtures.
- Develop test requirements and methodology with Engineering team, implement vision system tests at vendor sites, troubleshoot and solve issues during product development and manufacturing ramp
- Interface directly with the Engineering teams to understanding of the vision system architecture, and execute efficient and practical test methodologies on an integrated system
- Work directly with the test engineers providing guidance and support as necessary in test methods, equipment, and test set-ups
- Coordination of and travel to suppliers (foreign and domestic) to establish technical and manufacturing processes required during product development and volume manufacturing ramp
- BS or MS degree in engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in vision system product development
- Experience with domestic and/or international vision system vendors and related supply chain
- Understanding of fundamental considerations of building vision system hardware
- Experience in test automation and test frameworks to enable comprehensive test coverage
- Understanding of industry standards for vision system technologies and processes, including industrial cameras, frame grabber boards, light control hardware, vision peripherals technologies
- Demonstrated ability to define, develop, and troubleshooting vision system test equipment
- Ability & experience building cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to drive results, motivate, and instill a sense of urgency in others
- Ability to be in a leadership position and achieve results with minimal supervision