Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
The Camera Hardware team inside the Tech Engineer Imaging and Vision group is responsible for developing camera hardware for all Google’s consumer products. As a Camera Hardware Engineer, you will drive definition, design, development, and integration of high-quality camera modules into all Google’s consumer products. You will have the responsibility of entire lifecycle of project including both technology and product development.
You will define testing and qualification plans of the camera modules at different stages of the development, from concept to product ramp. You will work with cross-functional teams to define the specifications of the camera modules and execute the development with multiple third-party vendors. You will also lead camera technology innovations that have significant cross-functional impact.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information—hardware. Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Work with vendors to advance camera modules for our products.
- Work with internal and external teams to define camera specifications such as image sensors, lens and camera module.
- Devise testing plans for camera quality control and work with imaging firmware, tuning, and software engineers to properly calibrate the camera.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams on camera system integration, image tuning and camera related software.
- MSdegree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience related to camera hardware development.
- Experience with camera image sensors, lens, module manufacturing, testing, and module suppliers.
- Experience with image quality evaluation and imaging science.
- Experience with micro-electronics design and validation.
- Experience with opto-mechanical design and tolerance analysis.
- Experience with camera lens, module design, and image sensor characterization.
- Knowledge of high volume production and test processes.
- Strong understanding of camera system integration and excellent project management and leadership skills.