Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
You will work with Software/Quality/Tuning engineers to optimize the implementation, test and tune the algorithm for mobile devices. You will also develop the methodology for automated and expedited tuning for reduce manual effort.
You will develop auto exposure and auto focus algorithms and work with Software Engineers to integrate the algorithm into the Android platform and optimize performance. You will be in charge of commercializing the algorithms on mobile devices and work with image quality engineers to fine tune the algorithm for highest quality. You will also develop automated tuning methodology to expedite the tuning process and reduce manual effort.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Androidexperience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Develop auto white balance, auto exposure, auto focus, auto flicker detection/correction, auto scene detection algorithms for mobile device cameras
- Design methodology for automated tuning to reduce manual labor
- Commercialize the algorithms for Google products
- Engage with different sensor and module vendors and incorporate the new technology into Google products. Work with different SOC vendors to integrate the algorithms onto their platforms.
- Implement, optimize and integrate the algorithms onto target device platforms
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in camera automatic control algorithm development implementation (i.e. auto white balance, auto focus, auto exposure, auto flicker detection/correction, auto scene detection).
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.