The Cambria Sales Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring property sales teams (Director of Sales, Sales Manager, etc.) are designed, trained and have the tools and knowledge to operate at peak levels.
This role will work closely with on-property and above-property sales personnel, Global Sales, the Area Directors, Marketing and Brand Management to ensure properties are maximizing their performance.
The Manager will play a critical role in ensuring 1) sales teams for new properties are set-up for success and the strategies being deployed to drive revenue are optimal and 2) sales teams for existing properties are leveraging all the tools and processes available to them to succeed.
What you will do…
Property Ramp-Up Support
- Responsible for ensuring the property has a qualified Director of Sales (DOS) and the property's staffing is in alignment with Brand guidance.
- Responsible for creating and ensuring delivery of sales training that will be necessary for a new DOS and above property management to completely understand how to best work with the Cambria team and the Global Sales organization. This would include, but is not limited to: training on Business Case and RFP processes, leveraging Hotelligence, utilizing reader board services, understanding the Global Sales organization's roles and responsibilities, understanding Cambria brand positioning, etc. Employee will be the single point of contact for all sales process and training related questions.
- Responsible for integrating with Sales Planning to ensure the property has all the market intelligence (demand generators and opportunity gap), including RFP inclusion, to support the property's creation of their Sales and Marketing plan.
- Responsible for ensuring the property has an effective Sales and Marketing plan.
- Responsible for partnering with Director, Cambria Field Sales and the property to align on a Sales plan for Choice's Field & Global sellers that ties to the property's segmented budget.
- Responsible for work with the Property Sales and above sales teams to provide strategic sales support, as needed, to ensure the strategic approach to maximize revenue is optimal.
- Will be the single point of contact for all property (DOS) sales related questions.
- Responsible for communicating relevant Global Sales initiatives, changes, etc. to property sales leadership (e.g., Lanyon tool usage).
- Responsible for creating an overall Sales Culture for the brand and maintaining and enhancing that culture.
- Responsible for establishing a process and performing SalesAudits.
- Responsible for establishing and executing on a communications plan to share best practices across the portfolio, including cross selling opportunities.
- Will work closely with Upscale Brands Performance Director to identify and provide strategic sales support to improve property performance. This would include identifying action items and resources needed to execute.
- Participate on project team's representing the Cambria Sales Operations discipline.
- The following are examples of what might be included:
- Group Value Proposition- establish the training needed to optimize this segment for Cambria
- SalesTechnology support- work with the Upscale Brands Project Initiative leader to drive initiatives surrounding revenue performance, i.e. cross-sell program.
Who you are…
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience required.
- 5+ years of hotel sales experience as a Director of Sales required at select service hotel or above. Full service hotel or multi-brand sales experience, selling in multiple market segments required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent project management skills. Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to work and collaborate with multiple disciplines to solve for opportunities
- Ability to negotiate and strategize from a brand perspective, exhibiting a sense of urgency to bring to market.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, travel up to 50% of the time.
- Must be able to uphold Choice's Values & Performance Principles of collaboration, performance excellence, sense of urgency, openness to new ideas, inclusion & diversity, integrity, customer focus, and respect.