Scope: The CAM/Process Engineering Programmer provides application development, 3rd party scripting, and support functions that directly impact production and operations. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer servers – Database, Users, Backup
- Troubleshoot data transfer issues that arise due to process changes
- Automate data input and output
- Provide technical support when new equipment is implemented
- Implement new software revisions
- Use temporary in-process data logs to create and maintain historical databases
- Automate processes
- Integrate different software programs
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with Linux Networking and Administration
- Perl Programming experience
- Familiarity/Experience with CAD/CAM
- Familiarity/Experience programming CNC (dual axis)
- Familiar with RFID and Barcode tracking systems
- Systems Administrator – Servers, Users, Networking
- Hardware Management
- UNIX networking and System Administration
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- React quickly to day-to-day problems with timely solutions.
- Ability to make decisions fast and under pressure.
- Work an average of 9 hours a day, 5 days a week, and is flexible to work on weekends.
- On call during off hours to trouble-shoot and resolve equipment down time.
- Occasional standing for long periods of time, lifting 45 lbs. might be required.
- Due to ITAR requirements, applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
- Regular attendance is an essential job function of this position.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering plus programming experience