Less than 5 years experience •
Provides management, direction, and leadership to ensure the property is maintained and operated in accordance with Company objectives. Community Association Managers are certified and licensed by the State of Florida for Community Association Management (CAM). Responsibilities include; workingclosely with the association, Board of Directors and/or the developer tomanage and operate the community, facilitate solutions to problems between communities and internal support staff. Strong management skills, communication skills, customer service skills, hospitality skills and supervisory skills are required.
- Is primarily responsible for property retention. (M)
- Reads, understands and maintains current knowledge of state regulatory statutes and each client's community documents, policies and procedures.
- Builds strong positive working relationships with Boards and committee members, while not neglecting homeowners.
- Creates and uploads in FSR Connect a complete Monthly ManagementReport, which depicts the actual condition of the community, progress of specific projects and makes clear and concise recommendations. (M)
- Reviews financial statements and reports variances utilizing the Monthly Management Report format. (M)
- Supports the Company's philosophy, goals and enforces Company policies and procedures.
- Contacts Board prior to community visit in order to address specific items.
- Performs inspections of all common grounds no less than once per week, taking note of any deficiencies followed by the preparation of action plans. (M)
- On-call 24/7 requiring CAM to have cell phone with them and respond at all times.
- All Emergency Calls (EC) must be addressed within 10 minutes of receipt of notification. (M)
- Fully understands the contract between the association and FirstService and ensures that all contractual obligationsare being met.
- Demonstrates leadership and professionalism in effectively managing relationships with other business groups, e.g. Client Accounting, Property Management, etc., to ensure a high level of resident service and achievement of company and property goals and objectives.
- Presents all invoices to CAS in a timely manner to eliminate late fees etc. and reviews invoices/checks for accuracy before presenting to the BODs. (M)
- Develops and submits complete and accurate annual budget(s) requests per FirstService guidelines, meeting all deadlines and demonstrating thorough analysis and consideration for the goals of the community as well as market conditions. (M)
- Possesses knowledge of assets, cash balances and availability offunds for projects and cash flow management for capital improvements.
- Ensures timely and complete resolution of resident concerns, coordinating special services and requests and conducting formal and informal inspections.
- Responds to phone calls and correspondence in a timely, professional manner within 24 hours of receipt of internal or external email or call understanding that in many cases a simple acknowledgement will do until resolution is realized.(M)
- Develops and maintains effective ongoing resident relations, implements initiatives, and maintains a positive operating environment to achieve a satisfactory level of resident services as measured by feedback and surveys (CES) (M).
- As provided for in the Management Contract, initiates contactwith the new resident representatives to coordinate the move-in process, provides an introduction and orientation to themanagement staff and building, reviews available services, and explains the communities' rules and regulations.
- Ensures property maintenance/improvement and other construction related projects are completed on time and within budget byeffectively overseeing all construction projects and providing timely action updates to the Board and residents.
- Ability to supervise, oversee and follow up on projects performed by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or janitorial staff.
- Observes all safety standards and participates in the Company's efforts to provide a safe working environment and ensures that staff is trained and educated on safety procedures as well conducting monthly safety meetings and uploading sign in sheet toConnect. (M)
- Addresses Worker Compensation Incidents in a timely manner, perFSR policy.(M)
- Performs annual employee evaluations and conducts weekly staff meetings. (M)
- Follows company procedures and works with the local HR team to screen, hire, orient and train new personnel.
- Support staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling and positive leadership.
- Plan daily/weekly/monthly staff schedules and assignments toensure proper coverage for the property.
- Work with Human Resources in a timely manner regarding performance/behavior concerns, ensuring proper documentation is completed.
- Ensure all administrative processes involving staff are handled ona timely basis (i.e., performance evaluations, salary reviews, timesheets, change of status forms, etc.).
- Encourage team work and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment.
- Always follows the Company Conduct and Ethical Behavior Policy and insures that staff does the same. In short, makes sure always to "do the right thing".
- Demonstrates ability to adjust to changing circumstances.
- Analyzes advantages and disadvantages of alternative solutions to problems and makes recommendations to theBoard of Directors in writing.
- Prepares a bid comparison analysis spreadsheet, prepares and uses the RFP for bid solicitation (Request for Proposal with scope of work detailed).
- Listens attentively to questions and comments. Communicates in a professional and composed demeanor under all circumstances.
- Responds to questions accurately when asked and possesses outstanding communication and composition skills.
- Is prepared for Board Meeting presentations well in advance of said meeting.(M)
- Ability to run a BOD meeting when necessary according toRobert's Rules of Order.
- Maintains and up-loads in FSR Connect all signed meeting minutes. (M)
- Prepares as needed professional presentation of reports, budgets, bids, etc.
- Processes architectural control applications and closes them out in a timely manner (HOA).
- Organizes time effectively and successfully balances thecompeting demands of multiple projects and acts quickly and effectively when the situation demands it.
- Attends monthly and quarterly Manager's meetings, as well as all company sponsored training events. (M)
- Fulfills all company Connect compliance expectations throughout the year. (M)
- Reviews and updates work orders and opened call logs inConnect daily. (M)
- Submits updated contract list to Regional Director on Feb 1 and July 1 of each year, as required. (M)
- Monitors vendor contracts regularly, sends timely renewal/cancellation notices, manages contract renewals professionally and advises Regional Director of any upcoming insurance renewals or lapse in coverage. (M)
- Maintains accurate records, files and communications pertinent to the Association office (cabinets and computer files per FSR standards) and maintains up to dateequipment maintenance logs and emergency shut off procedures book. (M)
- Updates Association Communication by insuring current information is displayed on the association information boards and website and prepares association newsletter and/or other communication with owners and residents asrequired. (M)
- Processes and manages violations and closes them out regularly (HOA). (M)
- Monitors aging report and takes timely legal action (ATP). (M)
- Updates preventive maintenance manual bi-annually, Feb 1 and Jul 1 of each year, as required. (M)
- CAM and staff maintains a professional appearance (per FSR standards) while on property, at meetings and in thecorporate office. (M)
- Must immediately add property to watch list as necessary with assistance of the RD. (M)
- Schedules and approves vacation time per FSR guidelines with RD for self and staff to ensure that coverage meets the needs of the community. Confirms coverage ofreplacement staff before vacations are approved. (M)
- Maintains a calendar in Outlook for all BOD meetings withinvite functionality that includes the RD and VP. (M)
- Maintains a calendar in Outlook for all Legal, Insurance, Audit and all other important Professional Services including vendor meetings with invite functionality that includes theRD and VP. (M)
- Logs in to all weekly Operations webinars or listens tothem within 1 week of broadcast. (M)
- Completes payroll in Oracle timely and accurately. (M)
- Adheres to and maintains established Continental Hurricane procedures. (M)
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business or related field from a four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CAM license in good standing is required.
- Must possess strong managerial background.
- Three (3) years of experience as a manager managing a property or building operations, such as staff and service contracts, resident retention and resident improvements is preferred.
- Have the ability of managing multiple projects.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, leases, regulations or documents with a similar degree of complexity.
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Proficiency and working knowledge of all Microsoft Office Applications.