The Director Operations has responsibility for system and operations support within Customer Service, Audits for Loss Mitigation Vendors, Training, Customer complaint management and related critical vendor management and oversight within Enterprise Technology and Operations (ETO). Assist Product with all change of terms, pricing, program initiatives and contract requirements.
- Create, build, and execute/manage an operations strategy; having the ability to set challenging yet attainable goals for associates and managers, and performance management.
- Present operational topics commensurate with the audience.
- Lead and drive complex solution recommendations using gap analyses, alternative analyses, and total cost of ownership analyses across multiple options.
- Maintain strong relationships with business partners; Serve as the operational expert for your areas of responsibility, participate in business strategy for which your services are aligned; Articulate business value of operational services and solutions to business partners.
- Focus on associate and manager management & development; experience with competency-based management program; coaching, listening & providing timely feedback to your associates; experience with interviewing candidates, making hiring decisions, performance management, and a working knowledge of complex HR/Employee Labor topics.
- Perform budgetary management - understands unit costing and value measurement for operation functions.
- Lead the budget planning process for your area of support, understand complex budgetary concepts including amortization, depreciation and SOP98 usage, responsible for setting, monitoring, and approval of related expenses.
- Understand risk & impact to the business, ability to recommend risk mitigation strategies and options for the business to consider.
- Understand current processes & controls (both functional and financial), promote adherence, and provide recommendations for process improvements and reengineer/create new processes as required.
- Thrive in an environment of ambiguity and provide leadership, clarity and direction for managers and associates.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and operational policies, regulatory guidance and regulations.
- Perform contractual vendor management including SLA management, tracking, and complex vendor negotiations including contract review
- Actively manage resource planning.
- Oversee multiple concurrent work streams, manage projects & work efforts in concert with technology partners and have working knowledge of the Project Management Life-Cycle.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Business related discipline
- Ten (10) years leadership experience in a senior level management role
- Ten (10) years in a high volume, multi-product call center or retail banking environment
- Held similar position within a midsized diversified financial services organization
- Process improvement certification, six sigma, lean or equivalent
- Advance certifications within area of responsibility or industry relevant user groups
- Contacts and prior experience with incumbent vendors
In this Role, You will Need
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proven leadership, management and development skills.
- Change agent and ability to lead and manage an organization through it.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that can develop relationships with internal and external partners.
- High analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational, planning, multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Skilled negotiator.
- Extensive experience with contractual language and contracts/agreements.
- In depth knowledge of budgets, forecasts and capacity planning.
- Strategic and creative thought process.
- Proven ability to execute on strategic initiatives and plans.
- Thorough knowledge of Reg. E and O, FCRA, CFPB, OCC and other Federal regulations.
- Experience in driving Lean, Six Sigma and Reengineering initiatives.
- Understand current processes & controls (both functional and financial), promote adherence, and provide recommendations for process improvements and formalizes new process as required
- Extensive financial services experience.