Business Unit Controller
Position Role Overview:
Calderys, a subsidiary of Imerys, is a multinational company specializing in refractory products. We have an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Business Unit Financial Controller who will lead the finance department for the US Business Unit. This position reports directly to the General Manager and functionally to the Calderys Global Finance Controller. This position leads the efforts to improve performance, achieve financial goals and ensures strict compliance with internal financialreporting, regulatory standards and internal policies. The main goal of this position is to provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financialreports and financial trends in order to assist the GM and Leadership Team in making decisions that will impact the success of the BU. The ideal candidate will be an hands-on finance professional who can effectively manage the preparation of the financials, the analysis of the results and drive improvement initiatives.
This position is located in Atlanta (Roswell area). It will require routine travel to our Jacksonville, AL manufacturing facility approximately 2 hours drive from Atlanta.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the Leadership Team for the BU.
- Become a Business Partner to the Business Leaders at BU and Division level, helping to drive the business.
- Prepare monthly sales reports by products / Customers. Understand the Industry and what drives the market in terms of sales and raw material costs.
- Control pricing and margins of the Business Unit.
- Revue Commercial and Industrial results. Challenge performance and identify areas of improvement.
- Prepare monthly / Quarterly reporting packs for the BU and Division management teams, explaining financial results.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis to support a better understanding of the business.
- Provide reporting of Financial Performance including, but not limited to: actual performance to budget, derivation of numbers, explanation of what drove the numbers, “cost / benefit” analysis to aid in decision making of Leadership team.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Develop financial strategies by forecasting capital need, facility costs, raw inventory needs, production output, sales projections and staff requirements.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; required
- MBA, CMA or CPA; preferred.
- Experience in SAP a huge advantage.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar type role (corporate accounting or controller role)
- Ability to “understand the numbers & tell their story.”
- Business Acumen and Ethical Conduct.
- Systems implementation and thorough knowledge of technology advancements.
- Effective leadership ability.
- Sound decision-making ability.
- Detailed project planning ability.
- Ability to travel 30%.