$80K — $100K *
This is what you’ll do:
· Respond and resolve Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) technology requests. To include pre-processing, post processing and HPC (onsite, cloud) technologies
· Coordinate with third party software and hardware vendors to install, upgrade and maintain CAE related technologies
· Be a local application expert in CAE applications
· Assist business stakeholders in finding additional applications to meet CAE needs
· Stay informed of industry trends and best practices in the engineering technical domain and apply these perspectives to Rivian’s business plans and projects
· Partner with CAE leadership to define, manage, and execute CAE business capability and IT landscape roadmaps
· Coordinate with business analysts to convert business requirements into technical specifications, create detailed solution design, coordinate construction, installation, configuration and testing of IT systems
· Execute architectural and capability analysis of potential solutions including evaluating the technical fit and viability of commercial-of-the-shelf products versus custom built solution.
· Analyze and revise existing systems and documentation to identify remedies or improvements in the application or infrastructure solution.
· Provide support for systems issues
This is what you’ll need:
· CAE Technologies Technical Expertise – familiar with industry leading CAE software packages for preprocessing, post processing and HPC. Understanding of their typical uses within Automotive product development
· IT Infrastructure Skills - ability to manage VDI environments in VMware horizon, and Linux server skillsets to support HPC debugging and support
· Facilitation - Basic ability to pull a broad mix of people and related skill bases together for a common purpose and goal. Group dynamic techniques to have an individual or group work through a challenging issue, probe for issues/concerns and drive to consensus.
· Industry Knowledge and Expertise – Awareness of technology and Manufacturing process trends across the industry
· Modeling - The ability to represent information using a combination of graphical and textual elements. The ability to choose the correct type of model for a set of information, depending on the type of information to be communicated as well as the audience who will consume the information.
· Requirements Analysis – Ability to prioritize and elaborate stakeholder and solution requirements to meet the needs of the sponsoring organization and stakeholders.
· Solution Assessment & Validation - Ability to assess proposed solutions against desired business capabilities, considering the organization, and its readiness to transition to the solution.
· Solution Design – Ability to execute the activities involved in conceptualizing, defining architecting, and ultimately designing complex systems.
· Relationship Management – Ability to quickly create relationships and partnerships with stakeholders; is comfortable in a challenger role that, at times, requires building constructive tension in interactions.
· Influence - Apply different approaches to convince others to change their opinion or plan and win support from peers and colleagues.
· Decision Making - Consider the relative benefits and costs of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one; acts decisively and swiftly; identifies problems and drives toward solutions; takes on responsible roles and accountability for outcomes even when things go wrong; is comfortable making difficult decisions.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Engineering or a related subject required.
· 3-5 years relevant experience with CAE systems required. Automotive or Discrete Manufacturing experience will be plus.
· Experience with: Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence), HyperWorks, Beta CAE, NASTRAN, DYNA, HPC technologies
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly such that you can support them
Valid through: 10/22/2020