Job Description: The CAE Systems IT Support Analyst provides IT support for engineering software; software installation, license management and IT support for various third parties Responsibilities:
- Download, installation and co-ordination of licensing for various CAE Software releases made by the original software vendors and coordination of licensing for the same
- Request/Install CAE Software on Linux and windows machines # Licensing at server side to be updated and tested.
- Software License upgrades -Licensing at server end needs to be updated and software's are to be tested.
- Provide IT support on new software release testing, engineering regression, co-ordination and management.
- Gather requirements from user groups and co-ordination with software vendors for new releases to meet customer’s timelines
- Software packaging for all CAE applications and distribution through end user services portal, post distribution support and necessary documentation
- End user support using the Drive IT Incident Management tool
- Fix/troubleshoot CAE application issues (non-availability of licenses, graphic card, system performance etc.) related to groups hpcc (structural), hpc Dura (durability), hpcs servers (CFD # jobs) Appropriate Script, Keys, Job status etc.
- Software Vendor co-ordination which includes (a) Identifying problems faced during software distribution, (b) Communicating with respective software vendors and support teams to get the issue fixed and (c) Logging incident reports and tracking resolutions on the vendor#s support portal (d) collect all required information on issues / bugs/ software performance and upload to vendor portal
- Monitor, Develop and execute monitoring reports for HPC administration, co-ordinate with users and HPC server team.
- Documentation of CAE software installation and application maintenance procedures
- Gather requirements from CAE engineering groups and co-ordination with vendors for new releases to meet customer requirements
- New releases installation on TEST Env and perform regression testing on application new features and functionalities required by customer
- Application testing, packaging and distribution through end user services portal and production support
- Application Support: This includes procuring hardware information, providing license, Application installation, testing and product support
- Incident Management and End user support on various CAE software
- Vendor Interaction: Identify and understand problems faced by CAE software and Teamcenter CAE data management, Document and communicate with respective software vendors to get the issue fixed and log incident reports with designated vendors support portal
- Project Documentations: Prepare the documentation for different phases like application support, testing and deployment to production environment
- Master’s Degree or completing Master’s Degree program
- Minimum 2 years’ experience providing IT support for CAE Software used by CAE Engineering departments
- Experienced in Customer interaction
- Experienced in CAE Software release administration
- Ability to provide Application support
- Experienced with Project documentation
- Minimum 2 years’ experience utilizing ANSA, Hypermesh, Mathworks MATLAB and MSC Adams, etc.
- Exposure to Systems such as Linux, Windows, High Performance Computing
- Ability to maintain/provide solutions for Database management systems software such as Microsoft SQL 2012, MySQL