$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
TheOff-Road Vehicle focused CAE Manager is responsible to lead a team ofmulti-disciplinary CAE engineers that deliver virtual prototypes in a timelyfashion to drive the design of currentand future vehicle programs. This positionreports to the CAE Director.
ESSENTIALDUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ø Planning & Strategy:
1. Technical Solutions: Lead ateam of engineers in the development of technical solutions / CAE toolsspecific to Polaris vehicle systems.
2. Analysis Plans: Developcoordinated analysis plans that drive the vehicle design; including interactionwith technical leaders from design, development, and test.
3. Process: Ensure tools fitand advance the corporate engineering development process; contribute to teamswhich improve the development process.
4. Consulting: Lead the use of integratedconsulting as appropriate to cover manpower shortfalls or technology gaps forthe CAE team.
5. Budget: Overseedepartmental, hardware, and software budget items.
6. Tools: Lead or facilitateteam research on new software and hardware tools for the practical applicationon Polaris engineering problems.
7. Knowledge Management: Facilitatethe CAE group effort in the area of knowledge capture to create the frameworkwhich will leverage historical data in the future.
Ø Project Execution:
8. Support vehicle designmilestones with timely analysis.
9. Deliver technical leadershipand analysis on projects of high corporate priority and tight timingconstraints (firefighting).
10. Conduct the root cause diagnosison design related issues.
11. Facilitate the CAE teamparticipation in the Polaris Technology process.
12. CAE Group: Provide technical leadershipto direct reports in the CAE team you are responsible for. Grow technical specialists in key technicalareas that benefit the corporate needs. Set expectations of a learning environment and coaching environment.
13. Engineering: Facilitate the technicalmentoring of the CAE group specialist to engineers and project teams in thetechnical area of expertise. Mentordesign engineers in the use of CAE tools.
- Education: BSc in MechanicalEngineering, MSc or PhD preferred.
- Strong background innumerical methods and theory, with 7-10 year experience minimum. CAE software diversity is a plus.
- Highly developed problem solving skills and root cause analysis.
- Knowledge of vehicle systemsdesign, development, and analysis processes and tools.
- Experience in the attributes ofdurability, aero/thermal, NVH, performance, safety, and or vehicle dynamics.
- Expert level working knowledge in one ofthe attributes above, for example solid background skills in the areas of FEA,solid mechanics, dynamics, vibration, shock or heat transfer.
- General technical knowledge in:
o Data post-processing
o Reliability methods
o Test/Correlation methods
- Communication skills
o Excellent communications skills
o Ability to communicate analysis resultsto all levels of the organization
o Ability to work in diverse andco-located teams
- Product Knowledge
o Recreational vehicleenthusiast is a plus
US - Wyoming, MN
Master's Degree or MBA Preferred
Years of Experience Required
7 Years Experience
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products — they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Valid Through: 2019-11-1