SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide leadership, supervision, and technical direction for the Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) section of the Engineering Applications Department.
- Provide technical leadership for CAE tools, modeling and analysis of vehicle systems, telemetry data visualization applications, rapid prototyping, 3D modeling and printing.
- Work with customers to develop Computer Aided Design (CAD)/CAE models for analysis including CFD, structural, and thermal analysis.
- Provide engineering assistance in the use, support, and training for CAE tools, resources, facilities, and applications.
- Identify, evaluate, and pursue opportunities for new business and research.
- Work closely with customers to coordinate tasking, facilitate communication, report progress, resolve technical issues, and ensure customer expectations are met.
- Plan and direct activities related to employee development/mentoring.
- Coordinate overall preparation and presentation of technical reports, briefings, and analyses prepared by section.
- Complete annual performance reviews of direct reports.
- Interface with a wide variety of engineering group, launch, and satellite program customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related discipline
- 8 years of experience in CAD, CAE, 3D model development, rapid prototyping, graphics, data visualization, analysis, simulations, or software engineering is typical
- Project leadership and/or management experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and willingness to take initiative strongly preferred.
- Ability to work both independently, as a team leader, and cooperatively within a team is strongly preferred.
- Work experience with a wide variety of Aerospace Corporation customers, programs, and engineering divisions is strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of customers and staff is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are strongly preferred.
- Ability to form and lead highly productive intra- and inter-organizational teams is desirable.
- Experience as a mentor is desirable.
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: MANAGER-ENGRG
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
Requisition ID: 33641