Ranked 76th on ENR’s 2017 listing of the Top 500 Design Firms, RK&K is a design and construction management firm specializing in transportation, environmental and energy projects. Our success is based on our ability to deliver what our clients want using sound, technical solutions, to achieve the best possible outcome on a project. Expressed in our ability to treat every one of our 1,200 employees as a professional, RK&K has received extensive recognition for its exceptional and unique workplace culture.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated and versatile CAD Coordinator in the Highway, Structures and Traffic Departments of our Surface Transportation Division, located in RK&K’s King of Prussia, PA office.
In this role, you will work in a team setting with experienced engineers, designers, and CAD technicians to support work flow within and between the various offices in PA, Efforts will also include performing design tasks to support engineering staff such as roadway geometry, surface development, plans preparation and 3D modeling. This position may require engaging in independent CAD related tasks, including mentoring and hiring staff and supporting IT in our PA offices, as needed.
- Oversight of CAD staff and their work products
- Draft/design 2D drawings
- Coordinate designs/models/drawings with various disciplines and subconsultants
- Collaborate with engineers in support of various municipal and state projects
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience
- Expertise in Microstation, AutoCAD, Civil3D, and InRoads
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Certificate from an accredited institution
- Design roadway features, including geometry, templates and surfaces
- Design 3D models and building information models (BIM)
- Design stormwater features, including erosion/sedimentation details, drainage systems and stormwater management practices (SMPs)
- Oversight of plans presentation tasks and associated quality control measures
- Experience in supporting IT systems and software
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
RK&K offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and training in addition to [MR1]Opens a New Window. paid time off and an attractive 401(k) plan with company match.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply.