NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Utility Services, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
- Manages the overall CAD department, working with engineers and Project Managers in all CAD related activities
- Prepares, checks, reviews, working plans, detail drawings and specifications for layout, construction and operation of LNG plant equipment, mechanical systems and natural gas gate stations, while under direct supervision of the CAD manager, project engineer or project manager
- Development of 3D construction / layout drawings of plant Mechanical equipment.
- Construction / fabrication drawings for plant piping systems to include large & small bore underground / above ground piping, structures, equipment location and P&ID drawings. Development of piping isometrics
- Coordinate mechanical/piping designs with Civil and Electrical/ I&C disciplines
- Schedule the day to day activities and mentor Junior Mechanical/Piping CAD personnel
- Review/compare Mechanical / Piping drawings against P&ID’s for accuracy and completeness
- Utilizes and reviews / checks various pieces of process equipment, engineering practices, specifications, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings
- Makes any adjustments or changes necessary or desired
- Maintain or develop new project drawing files for all related drawings in accordance with company standards and procedures
- Uses computer assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software. Proficient in both 2D & 3D CAD drafting
- Review, critique and develop standard CAD practices and procedures
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2D & 3D Design software
- MS Excel Spreadsheet software
- MS Word Processing software
- Education and/or Experience
- Ten to fifteen (10-15) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience