AKRF is seeking a CAD Manager to support Civil and Environmental Engineers.
- Develop in-house standards and effectively implement and facilitate these standards company-wide.
- Research and implement client’s specific CAD standards.
- Provide support to AKRF’s CAD users and environment by responding to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and electronically.
- Conduct new employee CAD orientations.
- Conduct CAD training for in-house staff.
- Maintain CAD training curriculums.
- Work closely with Design Team to ensure project coordination is maintained.
- Project oversight to ensure compliance with client or in-house requirements as it relates to CAD.
- Provide production CAD support.
- Organize and maintain CAD folder structure and environment.
CAD Manager would work closely with AKRF’s IT department by performing the following:
- Maintain online knowledge-base of CAD technology, processes, and procedures.
- Light assistance with configuration of new CAD workstations.
- Assist in deployment and testing of new CAD software.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions.
- Stay current with new CAD and system innovations that could benefit AKRF.
- Minimum 7 years working knowledge of Autodesk products in a production role required.
- Ability to provide technical support for all CAD software including: AutoCAD, AutoCAD Infraworks 360, and AutoCADCivil 3D.
- Working knowledge of GISpreferred.
- Working knowledge of BIM preferred.
- Working knowledge of Micro Station preferred.
- Working knowledge of Revit preferred.
- Fundamental working knowledge of relevant software, hardware and other equipment (PC hardware/software, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office).
- Understanding of CAD/BIM customization.
- The ability to effectively train a large number of people in a classroom environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills required.
- Autodesk Certification a plus.
- Some travel to other offices required (NJ, PA, NJ, MD, and Westchester).