If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Fueling Systems, the premier designer and manufacturer of the world's most complete line of petroleum equipment including Submersible Pumping Systems, Piping and Containment Systems, Service Station Hardware, Dispensing Systems, Fuel Management Systems, and Transport Systems. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:-
Responsible for managing the Design Optimization team members and directing the day-to-day management of the FFS PRO Optimize Platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
* Manages the Design Optimization team and directs its daily activities.
* Support Global Design Standards (GDS) for major oil companies.
* Assist in ongoing Material Take-Offs and site layout designs.
* Work with Director of Marketing Communications and Director, Global Technical Services to promote and grow FFS PRO Optimize platform
* Provides training to global staff and customers on how to effectively Optimize a site layout.
* Maintains and updates all site optimization tools.
* Provides onsite technical assistance.
* Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
* Supervises non-supervisory employee(s).
* Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Working with Human Resources on employee issues
Skills and Abilities
* Writes routine reports and correspondence.
* Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with vendors, internal and external customers, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
* Works with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
* Solves practical problems and deals with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
* Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
* Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
* Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
* Uses noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
Education and Experience :-
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, business, or a related degree (preferred).
* Three to five years of related experience (required).
Computer Skills :-
* Advanced: Operating systems, CAD software, spreadsheet, word processing/typing, database.
* Basic: Alphanumeric data entry
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES :-
* While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
* Continually required to sit.
* Regularly required to reach with hands to finger, handle, or feel; kneel or crouch; and talk or hear.
* Occasionally required to stand or walk.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and an ability to adjust focus.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS :-
* This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Franklin Electric has reviewed this job description to ensure that it includes the role's essential functions and basic duties. The job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Supervisors may assign additional functions and requirements as appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and Franklin Electric reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform as the company deems appropriate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.