- Candidate will be working on engineering, design, build and support of High Performance Computing systems and distriduted computing data grids.
- Candidate will work with diverse business functions and development team across multiple line of businesses.
- Candidate will get opportunity to understand functioning of current trading and risk systems and get involved in building and supporting caching/computing platform for these systems.
- Candidate will have to understand systems and application code to troubleshoot and provide guidance to app dev teams.
- Consults with internal business groups to provide application software development services or technical support.
- Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs.
- Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using standard development methodology.
- Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards.
- Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications.
- Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
- Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services.
- Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies.
- Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions.
- Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- The candidate will be expected to solve software, and infrastructure problems in relation to complex tradingprocesses.
- Design and develop automated stress testing harnesses, recommend and implement solutions, participate in and conduct code review sessions, and provide process improvements.
- The candidate will additionally be expected to provide hands on technical support, advice, and consultation with open issues relating to supported applications plus assure quality, performance, security, tradingrisk controls, and compliance for those application platforms.
- 7+ years of experiencesupporting trading systems, applications or platforms
- 3+ years of C# .NET or Java development experience
- 5+ years of Red Hat Linux or UNIX experience
- 3+ years of application production supportexperience
- 2+ years of capital markets experience
- 2+ years of Cache experience
- 3 + years of Windows or Linux scriptingexperience
- 2+ years of experience with automation using PowerShell, Bash, or Python
- 2+ years of Weblogic experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of technology object oriented: analysis and design
- Knowledge and understanding of technology object oriented: design patterns and their application
- Knowledge and understanding of application lifecycle, from design and development to testing, implementation and production support
- Autosys experience
- Knowledge and understanding of technology platform development including large scale technology in a capital markets environment
- Hands on experience capturing functional and non-functional requirements, grid/caching data flow issue troubleshooting
- Expert level skills understanding server infrastructure, storage and network data flow issues
- Extensive experience using data analysis skills using SAR, PerfMon, Tcpdump, ITRS etc to analyze and correct grid issues
- Demonstrable experience with process automation using Linux or Windows scripting
- Using documentation tools like Visio, MS Word, Confluence, Excel, Splunk, etc.
- Communicate and provide clarity on requirements to Tech Team
- Discuss, negotiate and communicate requirements with business dev teams and infrastructure partners
- Discuss and educate QA and Production Support teams
- Ability to understand business technical problems and articulate a corresponding solution
This individual will work with development and technical support teams on application and/ or patch installation, configuration, systems integration, testing, user acceptance testing, deployment and post go-live support. They will be part of the 24X7 escalation support process for all Securities Platform Management environments. The position will take a key role in support and implementation of application infrastructure that requires collaboration across various infrastructure teams to integrate best practices and efficiencies into production environments while mitigating risk through testing and capacity planning.