Seeking a self-starting Cabling Engineer with strong leadership and problem-solving skills
Title of Position: Cabling Engineer
Description of Position:
Develops and instructs others on methodologies and criteria for the installation, inspection and documentation of structured cabling system infrastructure. This includes: cable tray, horizontal fiber and copper cable, backbone multi-pair copper, multi-strand fiber optic cable, telecommunications ground system and associated connectivity hardware.
Peak performance includes quality, productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Assists in the development of cable installation, termination and testing best practices.
- Develops quality assurance inspection criteria.
- Evaluates field inspection reports.
- Responsible for scheduling and conducting BICSI Information Technology Systems Cable Installation Program training and other manufacturer training.
- Inform and keep all personnel up to date of TIA/EIA and other passive cable industry standards.
- Develop and implementation of procedures and processes to increase efficiency in use of materials and manpower to maintain or increase quality assurance and/or scheduling requirements.
- Assist in the development of work around procedures for maintaining quality assurance and productivity during delays caused by other trades, the customer, and lack of materials or absenteeism.
- Assists the Cabling Managers and Cabling Group Managers in new technology implementation and training.
- Provide passive cable infrastructure design when required for project proposal and implementation.
- Initiates and monitors installation standards and conducts on the job training sessions.
- Provides customer/client interface when conducting project quality inspections. Attends status meetings and is a competent presenter and negotiator.
- Furthers oneself through on-going education utilizing corporate or specialty classes.
- Completes/performs monthly Safety Coaching Observations in accordance with company policy.
- Supports and enforces a comprehensive safety program in accordance with the company’s commitment to provide each employee and customer with a safe and healthy work environment.
Education and Experience Required:
Seven (7) years of experience as a HE analyzing complex hardware systems for IT solutions.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional hardware engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in design and quality assurance and BICSI ITSIMM Training.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of reading RFP’s, blueprints, specifications, and system documentation.
- Familiar with Microsoft applications, Internet and scheduling software.
- Exhibit a strong background in technical support of cable products and equipment to install, terminate, test and troubleshoot.
- Desired skills: BICSI ITSIMM (Information Technology Systems Cable Installation Program) Trainer Certification, BICSI RCDD Certification Cabling Industry training courses.