Clinical Nurse Specialist – CNS – Surgical Step Down and Surgical ICU - Evenings- 2pm-10:15pm
For patients facing rare and complex cardiac conditions, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital represents the highest level of care. As the nation’s #3 center for Heart and Heart Surgery (U.S. News & World Report), our hospital is a destination of choice for skilled nursing professionals. Join our team as a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), and help lead us to our journey to #1.
Deliver advanced nursing practices as a Clinical Nurse Specialist for our Surgical Stepdown and Surgical ICU and consult on critical cases from across the region. In this role, you’ll provide consultation, clinical teaching, staff development and nurse training in an exciting environment. You will serve as a change-agent, taking this high-performing, family oriented team to the next level. It’s a patient-focused environment, where your in-depth understanding of the clinical and human aspects of Critical Care will be a valuable resource to patients, families and fellow clinicians. Step into this new role where you'll participate in planning strategies, work closely with leadership and improve the practice of nursing and quality patient care.
- Critical Care Nursing certification (CCRN)
- Previous teaching experience
- NYS RN licensure
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- ANCC Board Certified ClinicalNurse Specialist and specialty certification in Adult Health
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant nursingexperience
- Excellent communication, presentation and teamwork skills, who has a commitment to compassionate care